Johnson & Johnson Vision , a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Production Planning and Scheduling in Añasco, Puerto Rico!
At Johnson & Johnson Vision , we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
This role is mainly focused on the effective coordination of the production scheduling function and coordinates production schedule to support product demand ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products. To do this, it collaborates with internal groups including plant production departments to ensure on time delivery of products. In addition, assists in identifying and correcting manufacturing issues for capacity and NPI and prepares production reports to measure performance and make needed adjustments to planned production schedules. It Ensures Credo-based decision making, trusting, collaborative and ethical work environment; and execution with the highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability
- Analyzes product demand, sales patterns/forecasts, production specifications and plant capacity data, capacity usage and ramp up as needed to prepare schedules and work orders for manufacturing processes.
- Monitors planning modules or production planning systems and related information and anticipates production issues and provides watch outs that could impact the production plans due to raw material constraints.
- Performs and analyzes inventory reports, determines production quantities, customer service recovery analysis, handles local events, and short and long-term planning considering demand.
- Participates in new product launch meetings to provide new product forecasts and production schedules and acts as SME that drives and provides support/direction on Planning requirements to Project Leads/Managers.
- Leads critical issues through Plan Escalation Process and communicates personnel/management as appropriate. Leads the process/team until resolution.
- Identifies and drives Lean / Six Sigma improvement Kaizens or Opportunities for plant or manufacturing unit supply S&OPs.
- Reports production and distribution indicators on monthly/weekly basis and serves as one source of truth to planning parameters.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree is required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Operations is a plus.
Experience and Skills:
- At least four (4) years of related work experience.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or similar operations.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams and influence peer levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Availability to travel up to 10%
- Related professional certifications (e.g., APICS, ISM, Process Excellence/Six Sigma, FPX)
- Experience in the Medical Device or Pharma industry.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience in finish goods and raw material planning as well as capacity planning in a regulated industry.
- Ability to use production and inventory control concepts, techniques and tools.
- Ability to write reports, memos, technical procedures and effectively present information to employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills and accuracy with attention to detail. Proactive approach.
- Able to work with limited supervision. Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through ground breaking programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.