DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world is recruiting for a Clinical Sales Specialist located in New York, NY.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Spine: DePuy Synthes Spine is the Spine business offering a comprehensive portfolio of spinal care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the most complex spine disorders using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
The overall responsibilities of the Clinical Sales Specialist position include advancing the Company’s sales of orthopedic surgical products by providing clinical and logistical expertise in hospitals and operating rooms - such as independent coverage of surgical cases, management of billing/purchase orders, logistics, and asset management. Works under close supervision by management and in close partnership with Sales Consultants.
• Independently guide and assist surgeons in the operating room by providing clinical and technical support of orthopedic surgical cases.
• Advance DPS sales by serving as sole Company representative to provide direct customer support by attending surgeries and assuring that the proper equipment is available and functioning.
• Troubleshoot and apply independent judgment to respond to physician needs; address customer requests; effectively handle hospital billing, build / close purchase orders.
• Share key customer, procedural and marketplace insights with other sales, clinical, marketing, and strategic account teams to improve on solutions / service levels and support sales growth. Prepare sales reports and documents as the need arises.
• Provide Operating Room and Sterile Processing Department consultation.
• Maintenance, tracking, and deployment of equipment and assets throughout assigned area ensuring product availability.
• Ensure all promotional materials are maintained in a presentable manner. Ensure DePuy Synthes Services and offerings meet the highest quality standards.
• Provide logistical support by moving instruments, implants, and equipment between sales representatives and hospitals.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $47,000 to $75,900. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. This position is eligible for a company car through the Company’s FLEET program.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Education & Experience :
• Bachelor’s Degree or
• Associate Degree or Medical Certification (CST, PT, etc.) + minimum of 2 years of professional experience or
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience or
• Recently transitioned from Active Military Duty
• The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
• A valid driver's license issued in the United States
• The ability to travel, which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
• Residence in or ability to relocate to the assigned territory.
• Strong interpersonal communication, influencing, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
• Experienced in data analysis and data insight skills
• Results orientation/Prioritization
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Ability to work in a complex organization and team structure
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, communicate, and work in a complex environment
• Functional knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, basic knowledge of surgery
• Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols, and solutions preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.