Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health (JJCH) is currently recruiting for an Associate Director Global Medical Safety Officer.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $129,500 to $223,100.
This role will be accountable for providing assessing the medical safety of assigned Consumer products and will strategically lead cross-functional teams responsible for product safety and benefit risk oversight throughout product life cycle to ensure safe and effective products are delivered to our consumers, patients and health care providers. And represents the Office of Consumer Medical Safety (OCMS) as a product spokesperson regarding overall benefit/risk.
At Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, we’re here to change the world. We are a diverse group of leaders who think digital-first and push boundaries as much as we push ourselves. And, for other like-minded leaders out there looking to make their mark, we’ve got three words for you: change happens here.
We combine meaningful human insights and digital-first thinking to help people take better care of themselves and their loved ones. We believe in the power of new perspectives and insights to drive innovation. Our culture is diverse and inclusive – a place where being individually dynamic but collectively brilliant results in smarter solutions for all of the many communities we serve.
We are industry leaders, earning the #1 or #2 position in most of the categories in which we compete. Our iconic and beloved brand, including TYLENOL®, ZARBEE’S NATURALS®, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, LISTERINE®, OGX® and JOHNSON’S®, are rooted in science and endorsed by professionals, helping more than 1.2 billion people live healthier lives every day, from their first day.
On November 12, 2021, Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you will be an employee of an entity within the newly created Consumer Health company and your employment will be governed by that company’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
As a safety leader within the global medical safety organization, you will work collaboratively and provide direction to medical safety health care professionals responsible for product safety and benefit risk oversight and will represent Medical Safety as a product spokesperson regarding overall benefit/risk. In this role you will report to the Global Medical Safety Stronghold lead (SSL) as part of the Safety Surveillance and Risk Management team (SSRM). In this role you will ensure collaboration and coordination of activities within the OCMS and with key functional partners such as R&D, Regulatory, Quality, Medical Affairs, International Pharmacovigilance team (IPV) and with the Global Medical Safety team. This role relies upon strong foundational knowledge in medicine as well as the ability to engage, influence, and mobilize teams.
• Lead all aspects of the safety and benefit/risk assessment of assigned products that are marketed and/or in development of assigned Consumer portfolio being a vocal and visible champion of safety insights.
• Develop the safety strategy and oversee the execution of the risk management and Pharmacovigilance activities for all the allocated products ensuring global strategic alignment and fulfilment of Medical Safety Standards. This includes the development of risk management plans, benefit risk evaluations, aggregate reports, health hazard evaluations, and evaluation of safety signals and development of appropriate mitigation.
• Chair Safety Management Team Meetings (SMTs) of allocated products and provide medical safety leadership for key governance forums, such Consumer Development Committee and Consumer Medical Safety Council.
• The MSO will be an integral member of due diligence teams and have a seat at the table for go/no-go decisions on Licensing and Acquisition opportunities within the Skin Health and Self Care portfolio.
• Cross-functional collaboration and influence within and outside OCMS
• Physician (MD or DO)
• Minimum 8 years of work expereince with at least 4 years within pharmacetucial/consumer
• Minimum 4 years of clinical practice with direct patient care, which can include a residency program OR equivalent
• Ability to analyze, interpret and present complex scientific data in a concise and understandable scientific manner, both orally and in written format
• Attention to detail; Diligence in record-keeping and records organization
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and external stakeholders and to thrive in a global, cross-functional environment
• Ability to facilitate decision making in collaboration with others
• Computer-literate and proficient in MS Office applications
• 10% domestic and or international travel
• Specialization in a primary care specialty/emergency medicine, public health, epidemiology, or related disciplines desirable
• Experience in handling a diverse portfolio of medical safety product categories
• Demonstrated skills/knowledge of regulatory requirements for global pharmacovigilance
• Experience with formal Health Authority presentations
• Experience in risk evaluation and mitigation
• Strong executive presence and presentation skills with the ability to articulate issues and outcomes at executive level
• Experience in team and people leadership
• Proficiency in Word, excel and PowerPoint
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.