Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Staff Cloud Engineer within our Robotics & Digital Solutions organization. This position can be supported from any Johnson & Johnson operating site within the United States or remotely Within the U.S.!
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop tools and infrastructure to deploy, monitor and manage production services and products used by all Product Engineering.
- Ensure delivered solutions are optimized for ease-of-use, reusability, and scalability.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies pertinent to the role and understand trends and opportunities to ensure the customer continues to use the best possible techniques and tools to create software.
- Ensure implementations and development activities always engineer towards enriching knowledge base documentation, including capturing design details, usage, maintenance, configuration, and deployment notes.
- Work with cross-functional development teams.
- Demonstrate expertise with architecting, managing, deploying, and operating production infrastructure within an AWS/Azure/GCP cloud environment.
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement automation solutions / distributed applications / API with Python.
- Demonstrate expertise with Infrastructure as Code tools, preferably CDK-CloudFormation, CDK-Terraform.
- Understands, documents, and supports the underlying business processes, workflows, data, and application platforms that depend on cloud environments.
- Minimum B.S (Computer Science, or other related Engineering field equivalent) and 8 years industry experience or M.S. and 5 years industry experience.
- Experience in secure solutions design for cloud environments in regulated environments.
- Working knowledge of network design and security in cloud environments.
- Strong programming background, with extensive experience in Python.
- 2+ years’ experience in the design and management of customer-facing services.
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging.
- Substantial experience with cloud computing: S3, IAM, Lambda, EC2, AWS Batch, Cloud Formation, AWS CDK, WAF, ACLs.
- Experience working with Git and source code managed cloud infrastructure development.
- Experience delivering production software within the constraints of Agile SDLC.
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD pipelines built from source code using the groovy scripting language.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- English – High level of communication skills (read, write, speak).
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- AWS Certified Security Architect.
- Security certification on CCSP or CISSP.
- Experience in designing resilient and fault-tolerant systems.
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting complex distributed systems.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .