Janssen Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, is currently recruiting for a Director, Medical Information. The position will be based out of our Janssen Head Office in Toronto, ON Canada.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Director, Medical Information is responsible for providing leadership, coaching and strategic direction for the Medical Information team, as departmental lead, member of the Medical Affairs Leadership team (MALT) and member of the cross-regional Medical Information leadership team. The Director, Medical Information is responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations and personnel of the Medical Information Department to assure the successful achievement of the department’s vision, mission, and objectives. The Director promotes and supports the Medical Information team by providing senior management, leadership and expertise. The Director provides mentoring, supervision and technical assistance to all staff.
The Director, Medical Information is responsible for oversight and guidance on input into the development of marketing materials and scientific communication materials (e.g. slide decks) to support compliance and alignment with strategy. Also, the contribution to resolution of product related issues in the marketplace is a key responsibility. This position promotes and ensures a high standard of customer service for both internal and external customers. The essential services provided by Medical Information include identifying data to design scientific responses intended to address HCP and patient needs. Other services pertain to responding to emerging topics of interest and ensuring accurate and compliant information is provided via the MI Healthcare Professional Website. Strong Medical Information contribution to pre-launch, launch and post-launch initiatives to ensure brand success and developing as well as delivering effective sales training are additional key services that the Director is responsible for. Furthermore, the Director oversees the management of the information resource center.
- Develop strategy and build processes, systems and structure to support the delivery of Medical/Scientific Information services to all customers including healthcare professionals, academics, consumers and company personnel relating to products either in development or on the market
- Develop strong relationships with key customers (internal and external) and suppliers of medical information services
- Manage a staff that deliver medical information and information resource services
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction of the Medical Affairs Division as a member of the management team
- Lead Information Resources Centre operation & process
- Advanced degree in health sciences: MD, PhD, PharmD, or pharmacy/nursing degree highly preferred; Bachelors in Pharmacy degree may be considered
- Minimum 10 years pharmaceutical industry experience with at least 5 years’ experience within medical affairs, medical information or related functions required
- Minimum 3 years people management experience required
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic thinking, people development, analysis, and innovation required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills to effectively communicate scientific/medical information to healthcare professionals, consumers, and internal business partners required
- Strong interdependent partnering ability including negotiating/influencing skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, dynamic, and professional environment required
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
- Travel: Approximately 10% (domestic and international)
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.