At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Engineering Co-Op with the Instruments NPI Manufacturing team, within our Robotics & Digital Solutions organization, supporting Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®). The location for this position is Redwood City, CA!
Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
As an engineering co-op, you will be assigned to support activities related to New Product Development (NPD), process development & qualification, equipment design/development/qualification, mfg. process changes, test method development, external manufacturing process changes, and overall project and portfolio management.
Advantages Of This Co-Op: Build a network with large number of peers from top universities | End to end supply chain exposure | Collaborate directly with professional engineers | Mentoring | Cross-functional exposure | Housing assistance | Structured assignments | Exposure to a wide variety of manufacturing processes.
Co-Op Terms: January to July/August 2023 OR May/June to December 2023
Key Responsibilities :
- Write and execute process development protocols and reports.
- Organize and submit process development samples for testing.
- Collect, analyze, & report process data.
- Collaborate with external suppliers to support key projects.
- Lead small technical projects and process changes.
- Support local community through the Credo inspired events and activities.
- Enrolled in an accredited college/university.
- Preferred majors are: Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Material Science and Engineering.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Completion of at least a first year of undergraduate academic program
- Must have transportation to and from work daily
- Demonstrated leadership experience in projects or other activities
- Must be highly organized with the ability to drive projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks
- Must have the ability to work individually as well as on a team
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Excel
- Knowledge of tools such as DOE’s, Statistical Methods, CAD (Solid-works/Pro-E/AutoCAD), GD&T, Failure Analysis Techniques (Fault tree, Fish Bone Diagram).
- Experience with commercial or pilot manufacturing lines & technical report writing.
- Participation in campus/community service activities
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.