At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions (RAD) is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Co-op, located in Santa Clara, California.
The Mechanical Engineering (ME) Co-op will work directly with a team of experienced engineers to assist in the ideation, design, prototyping, and evaluation of next generation solutions used within the medical device space. RAD is seeking motivated individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in complex mechanical systems and advanced CAD. Typical responsibilities revolve around concept creation, CAD modeling, hands-on manufacturing of prototypes, bench testing, and reports.
- Assist with design and prototype activities including CAD, manufacturing, assembly, testing, debugging, and documentation for mechanical assemblies and systems
- Coordinate with different teams and coworkers to accomplish tasks
- Generate and present design concepts, perform design reviews to team members
- Participate in the clinical assessment of robotic devices in inanimate anatomical models
- Currently enrolled in an accredited program pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar), and returning to an academic program after the completion of the Co-op.
- Experience with SolidWorks including creating models, assemblies, and detailed drawings
- Experience with hand tools and power tools
- Self-starter with a proven track record of engaging in self-directed learning and remaining productive with minimal direction
- Prior internship or Co-op experience recommended
- Robotics or medical device experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidate availability should be for a duration of 4-6 months
- Must have work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.