Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding mission: “Patients First.” With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 2,000 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
We are seeking a highly independent HR Business Partner Commercial DACH to support our growing EMEA & APAC Commercial Organization. This person will play a key role in cultivating our Patients First culture. The primary responsibilities of this role will be advising on people & career development, organizational change management, employee engagement and supporting employee relations. He/she will also work collaboratively with the global HR team to drive key initiatives.
- Meets with leaders regularly to gain an understanding of their business priorities, strategies, and talent needs
- Champions the performance coaching processes with the Field Sales team; provides guidance to managers and employees on defining commitments, giving and receiving feedback, and assessing employee performance
- Leads and supports the talent review process to complete assessments, development, and succession plans
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers on the recruitment and selection of candidates; advises leaders on capabilities gaps and opportunities as well as advises on how to optimize the team through the selection of the right candidate
- Provides guidance, coaching and support to managers and employees on a variety of human resource-related topics and issues
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions that enhance the employee experience, and engagement levels for new and existing team members
- Provides leadership and/or support for key HR initiatives within both the business unit
- Resolves manager and employee issues through the timely investigation of complaints and concerns
- Prepares information for exiting employees, conducts and reviews Exit Interviews and prepares and analyzes turnover reports to identify problem areas
- Identifies emerging human resource issues by surveying and interviewing employees and managers; prepares recommendations for new practices/policies or changes to existing practices/policies to remain competitive with the marketplace
- Maintains a current awareness of the HR field and understanding of appropriate laws, regulations, internal policies, and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Coach and consult managers on the performance management process, including the annual goal setting & assessment process, and regular feedback sessions that strive to raise the performance bar in the organization
- Travel is up to 50%, including out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources; minimum of 2 years HRBP experience in corporate and / or sales environments preferred
- Employee relations experience handling multi-state, complex cases including the application of local/state/federal laws
- Talent acquisition experience supporting hiring managers and promoting an excellent candidate and employee experience
- Strong computer skills including usage of MS Office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, and MS Outlook); Workday experience preferred
- Language proficiency in German & English, an additional language is an advantage
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.