Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician II in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Maintenance Technician II will perform routine and preventive maintenance as directed by their manager to ensure the quality, appearance and safety of the Abiomed headquarters facility and product.
- Provide routine preventative maintenance to maintain and improve the quality and appearance of the work environment
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair standard equipment as judgment or necessity dictates
- Be cognizant of all chemical spills and follow-up of disposal and cleanup
- Ensure all safety requirements of the company are implemented in accordance with rules and regulations of the Safety Officer
- Breakdown and restructure of office workstations
- Will be required to be on-call 24/7 to provide emergency response to the facility during absence of Manager of Facilities, and on-call responsibility is required every other weekend
- High School graduate or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of related experience in facility maintenance management required
- Excellent communication & customer service skills are required
- The ability to read, write and speak English and utilize basic math skills is required
- Successful candidate must be able to execute tasks in a timely matter, under supervision
- Qualified candidates must be able to withstand heights of up to 65 feet and must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Strong familiarity of building codes and regulations, as well as familiarity with building trade groups and work rules is preferred
- Good working knowledge of HVAC systems and clean room controls preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of SAP desired
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.