Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Manager, Global Congresses, Meetings & Events
Requisition ID: ACT180000GF
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Project Manager, Global Congresses, Meetings & Events.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The main purpose of this position is to organize, co-ordinate and host global congresses, meeting and events
- Organizing, coordinating and hosting external and internal functions, congresses and special occasions from planning through to closure
- Troubleshooting should any problems or issues arise during the planning or the course of the meetings, congresses and events
- Choosing locations, arranging schedules, choosing vendors, selecting menus, sourcing accommodation and arranging transportation for attendees, and creating and distributing marketing material
- Budgeting and budget control
- Adhering to and communicating the SOPs and guidelines in place
- Using best practice in favor of Actelion congress branding
- Assessing current Actelion and competitors’ congress activities and making recommendations for changes and/or improvements for future congresses and events
- Establishing high quality contacts with third party suppliers (e.g. exhibition suppliers, hotels, agencies, etc.) to obtaining/negotiating best possible rates and conditions
- Contributing to the long-lead schedule of all global events particularly stating priority, objective, deadlines, status and activities
- Commercial apprenticeship, business degree or equivalent education (i.e. tourism, hotel management, event management)
- 5+ years of experience in event organization, meeting management/logistics and exhibitions, congresses and conventions
- Experience in marketing and sales environment in international pharmaceutical companies
- Experience in working with budgets
- Proficient project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to focus on objectives and priorities
- Ability to simultaneously plan and coordinate tasks and to take responsibility for multiple projects in parallel
- Efficient working style and excellent communication skills
- Ability to inspire and convince others and lobby effectively with key stakeholders
- Service and solution oriented mind-set, hands-on personality
- Used to work with people on different hierarchical levels and able to establish fruitful working relationships
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel occasionally and work on weekends
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), any additional language is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft office tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)