Senior Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology
Your job alert was successfully created.
The Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometric (CPP) Department of Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join Clinical Pharmacology (CP) Immunology group at Senior Scientist level located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You will apply and promote CPP knowledge, including pharmacokinetics (PK)/ pharmacodynamics (PD) analyses, translational modelling and principles of model-based drug development in the programs for all stages of drug development ranging from pre-New Molecular Entity (NME) declaration through Post-Marketing support, in collaboration with various stakeholders, Quantitative Sciences (QS)-Project Matrix teams and Pharmacometrics (PM) Leader. Depending on the experience, you may function as a CP Leader on the Compound Development Team (CDT) and execute the day-to-day operations for the clinical pharmacology aspects of the assigned programs.
• Contribute to overall compound development via application of quantitative methods to integrate knowledge of PK, PD, patient characteristics, disease states, and drug-drug interactions to optimize dose selection, dosage regimens and study designs throughout drug development. Translate quantitative knowledge into strategic opportunities with key stakeholders to drive development along the model-based drug development principles.
• Perform modeling and simulation activities in drug development programs. Perform and/or liaise for modeling and simulation analysis of preclinical-clinical data, translational PK/PD data, up to first-in-human (FIH) and if applicable beyond FIH (dose/exposure-response analyses to guide dose regimen from pre-proof of concept (POC) and POC studies). Provide PKPD guidance to Phase 2-3 studies.
• Execute scientifically robust and efficient clinical pharmacology strategies for NME and/or development candidates.
• Applies the understanding of (1) the impact of intra- and inter-subject variability in physiology and/or pathology, concomitant medication use, and biopharmaceutics, on PK and PK/PD, and (2) requirements for the clinical pharmacology regulatory submission packages and submission processes.
• Represent clinical pharmacology function in multi-disciplinary clinical teams.
• Carries out functional responsibilities in accordance to applicable SOPs, regulatory requirements and Johnson & Johnson Credo principles
• Perform literature searches and summarize the findings.
• Contribute in monographs, INDs and other documents as applicable to support clinical studies and regulatory filings (e.g. NDA/BLA).
• Represent Clinical Pharmacology Function in the regulatory meetings (e.g. pre-IND, EoP1, EoP2, NDA/BLA filing etc.) with the assistance of the senior member as appropriate.
• Remain current with clinical and drug development information and methods in modeling and simulation by engaging with the scientific community (e.g., publishing, presenting at meetings, participating in special interest groups within professional societies, etc.) and internalize key learnings back to Janssen.
• Support CP and PM Leaders with ad hoc analyses, not limited to non-compartmental analyses in support of Phase I studies
• Work effectively in matrix environment, managing CP deliverables in accordance with timelines and overall project goals.
• Apply appropriate regulatory (e.g., FDA, EMEA, ICH, etc.) guidelines in the design of clinical development plans and studies.
• Apply relevant technical trainings/learnings to daily responsibilities, with focus of opportunistic deliver of value/impact.
• A PhD or equivalent degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, or relevant Biological Sciences of relevant experience OR MS or PharmD degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, with keen interest in drug development is required.
• Understanding of PK, PD, PK/PD, and Translational Medicine is required.
• Experience analyzing data describing biological or PK/PD systems, preferably using a non-linear mixed effects modeling approach is preferred.
• Ability to interpret PK and PK/PD results and prepare presentations to illustrate findings accurately is required.
• Understanding of overall process of drug development and the overall pharmaceutical R&D process is preferred.
• Has established a level of expertise and scientific reputation through publications and/or presentations, preferred.
• Drug development experience in Immunology and/or other Therapeutic Areas and the ability to handle contributions to multiple clinical pharmacology programs, simultaneously is a plus.
• Demonstrated understanding of model-based drug development, biostatistics principles and modelling tools (e.g., NONMEM, R, Phoenix NLME, R, SimCYP, Gastro-Plus, MATLAB, SAS, or similar software) and demonstrated ability to apply these tools to enable rational and efficient drug development is preferred.
• Working knowledge of clinical and regulatory landscape, disease processes and mechanisms, available treatment paradigms, and patient populations within assigned Therapeutic Area(s) is preferred.
This position is located in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)