Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company is seeking a Packaging Supervisor, 3rd Shift located in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Achieve day-to-day process outcome and delivering process results. Focuses on efficiency of process, reduced changeovers, customer service goals, compliance, cost management and training.
• Effectively manages Operations Associate performance and development to support company policies, procedures and goals.
• Participates in PRT walkthroughs.
• Supports projects and project teams as appropriate.
• Thinks analytically to understand a situation or problem—makes metrics-based decisions.
• Partners with peer group to investigate and implement best practices across the business.
• Effectively communicates the need for change.
• Supports departmental budgets, efficiencies, and compliance metrics.
• Identifies and prioritizes improvement priorities (process, equipment, systems) with the PRT.
• Ensures lines are adequately staffed on a regular basis and plans are in place to meet ongoing staffing needs to reflect changing priorities.
• Analyzes the operation against Unit Fill Rate, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), etc. to ensure compliance and proactively identifies gaps and presents solutions to resolve.
• Demonstrates business acumen in all levels of decision making.
• Reviews and approves packaging batch records.
• Ensures process is in compliance with cGMPs.
• Effectively manages owned items on the DCM Dashboard.
• Maintains superior housekeeping and appearance through walkthroughs.
• Initiates and leads non-conformance investigations including Quality Notifications, Consumer Complaints and CAPA’s as assigned.
• Ensures process is in compliance with Environmental and Safety regulations.
• Ensures all safety/environmental observations are remediated.
• Effective case management of incidents while liaising with Safety Engineer and Safety Teams to conduct safety investigations and initiate safety process improvements.
• Sets example for personal commitment and accountability.
• Provides timely and honest feedback and coaches and mentors others to achieve their highest potential.
• Ensures follow-through on personal development plans for all employees.
• Acts as a change agent within the organization.
• Oversees performance and hold associates accountable for results.
• Provides guidance and coaching to associates in managing their assigned areas or lines.
• Performs direct report performance reviews and development plans.Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree AND 3 years related experience OR 8 years related experience is required
• A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience preferred
• Proven ability to develop people is preferred
• Must be able to meet the physical demands including: ability to frequently lift/carry between 1-35lbs and occasionally lift/carry between 36-50 lbs. & lift from the ground to knees and waist and from the waist to shoulders.
• Strong analytic skills including gathering and interpreting data are required
• Technical writing ability is preferred
• Strong leadership and influencing skills is required.
• Must have the ability to comprehend manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Must be willing & able to work 3rd shift but be flexible to work on any shift as needed.
• This position is located in Lancaster, PA & may require up to 5 % domestic travelPrimary Location
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function