Johnson & Johnson Careers
Instrument Maker II
Requisition ID: 9988180426
DePuy Synthes, Inc., a member of Johnson and Johnson's family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Instrument Maker II, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes, Inc. develops and markets products under the DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., DePuy Spine, Codman & Shurtleff, Inc., and DePuy Mitek divisions. DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., provides products for reconstructing damaged or diseased joints, and for repairing and reconstructing traumatic skeletal injuries; DePuy Spine develops, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for a wide range of spinal pathologies and recently introduced Charite, the first artificial spinal disc. Codman & Shurtleff, Inc., provides products for the surgical treatment of neurological and central nervous system disorders through products such as hydrocephalic shunt valve systems, implantable drug pumps and micro-surgical instrumentation. DePuy Mitek offers innovative devices in sports medicine for the treatment of soft tissue injuries.
The Instrument Maker will be responsible for using equipment for the reprocessing and assembly tasks required to return the devises to “like new” appearance and function according to established specifications. Perform basic manual grinding and buffing, processing work to a finish stage according to blueprints and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Be accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines. Perform visual and dimensional product inspection using drop indicators, micrometers, vernier, gauges and related equipment as needed. Clean equipment as needed. Notify supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment. Perform Autoclave process on instruments returned from the field. Prepare accurate records/documentation related to work in progress. Report production problems.
The schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Training will be conducted for a period of 4 to 6 weeks, depending on skills level.
- A minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a machine shop or production line environment
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred Experience working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes preferred
- Basic mechanical skills required. Grinding and buffing experience required
- Welding experience preferred
- Experience refurbishing medical instruments is a preferred
- Experience with routine machine inspection preferred.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading preferred
- Basic computer skills are required
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment is required
- Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, and speak) in English is required
- Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals required
- The ability to perform and record measurements is required
- The ability to stand and/or walk more than 50% of the time is required
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unaided is required
- The ability to work occasional overtime and holidays is required
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)