Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Senior Director, Business Technology Leader (BTL) Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences
Spring House, Pennsylvania; Raritan, New Jersey; Titusville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 9984180426
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for IT Senior Director, Business Technology Leader (BTL) Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences, with the primary location being Spring House, PA, but alternative locations of Raritan, NJ or Titusville, NJ.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
The IT Senior Director, BTL Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences (D&MS) is a strong leader who can combine consulting, Information Technology (IT) expertise, and deep scientific and pharmaceutical R&D knowledge to transform the way IT is applied in R&D. This role is accountable for driving strategy and key information technology initiatives to enable R&D efficiency and effectiveness for Discovery Sciences, Janssen Biotherapeutics, and Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS). The scope of this role is restricted to R&D, and does not cover commercial manufacturing.
This role will ensure digitalization for department productivity and facilitate the technology evolution for these R&D organizations to the next generation of capability for lead discovery, lead optimization, biological therapeutic development and optimization, safety and metabolism sciences, clinical materials packaging and supply, and clinical formulation. As a strategic partner to key R&D leaders, the IT Senior Director BTL will build strong internal and external partnerships in order to modernize laboratories, including innovation of robotics, genomic sciences, therapeutic biology platforms, and modeling & simulation. This leader is additionally responsible for shaping a Research “information on demand” strategy, partnering with other Janssen IT teams and leaders. The IT Senior Director, BTL Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences reports to the Janssen Vice President IT, R&D and is a core member of the senior leadership team of R&D IT, Discovery & Manufacturing Sciences, and potentially other V.P.-led business teams. The IT Senior Director, BTL Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences is the personal point of contact for all IT needs, representing all of Johnson & Johnson Technology for the leaders of Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences, Discovery Sciences, JBio, and PDMS.
• Manages a team of Business Technology Leaders (BTLs) that provide IT strategy, tactics, business consultancy, solution architecture, and program/project management
• Leverages matrix IT organizations for solution development, advanced analytics and other information technology-related services
• Acts as the accountable strategic R&D partner who manages the relationship through ongoing consultation with the business, however s/he also owns the full outcome of the information and technology services provided to this business partner
• Identifies and analyzes business and scientific needs, works with department members to ensure scope and requirements are aligned to these needs, and introduces opportunities for innovation in informatics and/or information technology
• Work with the Research and Therapeutic Area IT product line teams to ensure modernization and technology systems delivery, effective systems support, and fresh, modern roadmaps for advanced capabilities for innovation
• Has accountability for all IT services provided to her/his Therapy Area business teams
Additional specific responsibilities include:
• Develops an IT strategy and roadmap for Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences aligned to the Janssen business objectives and the IT strategy
• Collaborates closely with Architecture to build roadmaps, ensure end to end process and data flow and evaluate potential technology partners
• Advises and influences senior management in R&D on the transformation and application of digital and automation technologies, aligned to the overall R&D IT strategy
• Builds superior skills within a strong overall team, owning performance management, talent development and succession for his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the same for the broader R&D IT group
• Represents Janssen IT and J&J in relevant industry groups and provides a key interface for external informatics partners, collaborators and thought leaders
• Ensures compliance, validation, audit readiness and operational stability of the Discovery and Manufacturing Sciences application landscape
• In close partnership with senior R&D stakeholders, manages governance processes and resources, and will consistently influence, match and prioritize complex demands on multiple informatics and IT services to maximize value to the business.
• Deep knowledge of the R&D business and prior leadership around research informatics - specifically where data and emerging technology can transform pharmaceutical innovation
• A strategic thinker with good technical knowledge and excellent communication and leadership skills, used to influence decision making with R&D business leaders
• A driver of improved business operations who utilizes robust project management to ensure timely delivery of projects that achieve expected benefits
• A business strategist, pragmatic as needed but capable of revolutionary thinking at the forefront of new and emerging technologies such as mobility, business analytics, cloud computing and social software/media and capable of applying these disruptive capabilities, shaking up business models and transforming R&D environments
• An IT pragmatist, who knows when to leverage corporate infrastructure or outside vendor offerings to deliver upon traditional needs as well as unlock opportunities for R&D innovation and competitive advantage from this technology
• A flexible leader that thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for R&D excellence and global expansion
• An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that create a passionate, energetic and rewarding work environment, with the ability to inspire a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards collaboration, performance and inclusion
• An expert with specific knowledge and expertise on pharmaceutical drug discovery, genomics, and relevant diagnostics
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight (8) years related experience (or an advanced degree and five (5) years of related experience) in research IT and/or informatics is required, preferably within a pharmaceutical setting
• Strong scientific/research & development pharmaceutical knowledge with demonstrated experience driving current technology innovation for scientific, clinical, diagnostics, or therapy areas is required.
• Strong communication skills, and strong relationship development and management capabilities in a global setting is required.
• Specific knowledge and expertise with laboratory automation, translational science, genomics, informatics and their relevance to leadership in a competitive therapeutic area is required.
• Knowledge of current and new scientific and informatic technologies & their applicability to the business is required.
• Strong knowledge of informatics principles and practical application, including various data standards is required.
• Experience managing matrixed, consultant, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global project environment is required.
• Experience managing global business priorities and projects across multiple business areas is required.
• Strong business process knowledge, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required.
• A thorough understanding of methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; and validation and regulatory requirements is required.
• Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is preferred.
• The primary location for the position is Spring House, PA with alternative locations being Raritan, NJ or Titusville, NJ.
• This position requires up to fifteen percent (15%) of domestic and international travel.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)