Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff R&D Software Engineer, Digital Surgery (Full Stack)
Requisition ID: 9979180817
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Principal Development Engineer, Digital Surgery to be based in Providence, RI. Candidates can be temporarily based in Raynham, MA or Boston, MA but will be required to be work out of Providence, RI upon completion of new facility in Spring 2019.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Staff R&D Software Engineer, Digital Surgery (Full Stack) position will:
- Write high-quality code for medical device applications.
- Work closely with Product Owner and other teams to develop complex algorithms.
- Work on REST APIs, UI/UX code and integrations (Full-Stack).
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues.
- Profile and analyzing application performance.
- Involve in problem solving discussions to the benefit the end-user/client.
- Follow Agile/Scrum methodologies to deliver faster and stronger products to the clients.
- Use tools like Jira, Confluence that assist day to day delivery.
- Act as a coach and mentor for more junior team members.
- Follow company (corporate & security) policies and guidelines.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science is a plus.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience is required (Advanced graduate degrees can be counted towards overall experience).
- Experience in a highly regulated industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and ISO 62304 is desirable.
- Experience writing codes and programs to solve problems in C/C++ is required.
- Experience with C#, Python, and/or Java is preferred.
- Experience completing projects or courses focused on software data structures and algorithms; experience with using algorithms and data structures to solve problems and interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development required.
- Experience developing thorough testing solutions across testing units/functions is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed.
- This position is located in Providence, RI and may require up to 20% international and domestic travel. Candidates can be temporarily based in Raynham, MA or Boston, MA but will be required to be work out of Providence, RI upon completion of new facility in Spring 2019.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
North America-United States-Massachusetts, North America-United States-Rhode Island, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)