Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Marketing and Pricing Manager, Established Products
Somerville, New Jersey; Cincinnati, Ohio
Requisition ID: 9977190320
Ethicon US LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing and Pricing Manager, Established Products to be based in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon US LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, commercializes a broad range of innovative surgical products, solutions and technologies used to treat some of today’s most prevalent medical issues, such as: colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. Learn more at http://www.ethicon.com/, or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Senior Marketing and Pricing Manager, Established Products is responsible for defining and developing brand strategy, managing external partners in sales execution for Established Products brands, as well as pricing and contracting strategy for established products and will report to Senior Director, Established Products. This individual will work heavily with Established Products Marketing Managers and channel development leads to utilize and deploy contracting and pricing levers to generate demand and adoption of the ETHICON product portfolio. He / She will partner with U.S. marketing pricing lead, US marketing brand teams (for total portfolio implications) and SCG teams to implement optimal contracting and pricing strategies & tactics.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Marketing brand support:
- Contribute to the creation, execution and oversight of strategies that will maximize profitability and share of the portfolio.
- Primary point of contact for key brands; become product and market expert
- Manage external partners such as distributor sales force in sales strategy, deployment plans and execution
- Creating and executing business plans through marketing strategies, goals, and tactics; Responsible for development, execution, and business performance of all programs designed to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the financial performance of relevant product lines as well as management and monitoring of key accounts, product trends, and initiatives.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors product line financials, demand trends, customer movements, so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized
- Pricing strategy development and execution:
- Define and develop pricing and contract strategy for established products
- Partner closely with the brand teams, other pricing leads, and SCG leads develop and execute pricing matrices and provide guidance that can deliver sales and price erosion targets for Established Platforms.
- Own contract pricing discipline and its successful implementation in the market.
- Be an expert on pricing tools used for customer price evaluation relative to contract strategies.
- Must be able to drive successful performance across a broad range of activities. This can vary from being an advisor on customer partnerships to developing and implementing new, innovative pricing and contract strategies.
- Support the refinement of pricing strategies while balancing effective price management with efficiency.
- Be a conduit of knowledge for the organization on market trends, competitive products and pricing, market penetration of technology; Work with GPO, aggregators, distributors, other channel partners and key industry stakeholders to garner price related insights.
- Assess contracting effectiveness and provide insights to improve strategies and our ability to deliver growth via price and volume.
- Support pricing strategies of alliance and channel partners.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field is required
- An Advanced Degree is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years combined Sales, Marketing, Finance, and/or business analytics experience required
- Medical device customer engagement and/or industry experience preferred
- Experience in pricing and contracting in medical device industry is preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, project management and analytical skills are required
- Understanding of product related financials and how to manage for profit is required
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to self-manage in a complex / time sensitive environment are required
- Strategic, forward looking thinker with strong cross-functional collaboration skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to influence and impact others through building and defending strategic options and reaching alignment is required
- The ability to understand and translate data into actionable insights to support decision-making is required
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams to identify new program(s) & business model(s) with successful execution is preferred
- This position will be based in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH and require up to 25% travel.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)