Johnson & Johnson Careers
Packaging Line Lead
Requisition ID: 9969180427
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company is seeking a Packaging Line Lead located in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Packaging Line Lead is a process and technical SME for their respective operation, responsible to lead operators in daily tasks associated with packaging or manufacturing such as set-up and production, training, housekeeping, cleaning and clearances, and troubleshooting equipment issues and events. The Lead is accountable for supporting operations in order to hit daily and weekly goals in packaging/manufacturing. The Lead will assist and advise the Supervisor with process and equipment troubleshooting, continuous improvement and development of strategic goals for their operation.
The Packaging Line Lead responsibilities are:
- Performs all operator related responsibilities and expectations as per the packaging or manufacturing operator job description.
- Identifies and elevates all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues.
- Possesses and demonstrates knowledge and skill levels appropriate to serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the applicable production area, process, and/or packaging/ manufacturing equipment.
- Serves as the lead operator for the line, providing operational and quality guidance to their co-workers.
- Maintains an updated and current training record (adheres to training timelines in ComplianceWire, etc.).
- Participates in Safety initiatives and programs. Fosters safety behaviors at all times.
- Works with production supervisor and/or engineers to resolve issues and participates in investigations.
- Monitors and responds to line/area issues.
- Notifies supervisor when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs.
- Provides training to operators in basic and complex packaging/ manufacturing processes.
- Serves as backup for the Supervisor/ Team Leader as needed with full responsibility for the production and quality of the product on the line and/ or shift.
- Participates in review and approval for packaging or manufacturing Batch Records, Cleaning Records, Logbooks and SOPs as required.
- Serves as SME for updating Batch Records, Cleaning Records, logbooks and SOPs that pertain to their area.
- High school diploma is required; an Associate or a Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a GMP or other regulated industry
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry 1-10 lbs., occasionally lift/carry 11-50 lbs., and push up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to lift from the ground to knees and waist and from the waist to shoulders
- Inventory management system experience (i.e. SAP) preferred
- Able to work with high volume of documentation & detail-oriented is required
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Qualified fork truck driver preferred
- Must be available to work 2nd shift (2:00 pm-10:30 pm) though train on 1st shift at times & must be available for overtime on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed
- This role is located in Lancaster, PA and requires up to 5% domestic travel
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)