Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Histotechnologist
Requisition ID: 9965180426
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Scientist will perform routine and molecular histology within the Experimental Pathology laboratory of the Exploratory Biology group within Janssen Biotherapeutics. As an Associate Scientist responsibilities will include:
- Independently conduct routine duties of a histotechnologist, including specimen accessioning, specimen processing and paraffin/frozen block sectioning of tissue specimens from multiple species.
- Trim, fix, process, embed, microtome, and stain tissue specimens. Implement accession and work flow tracking system.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment (e.g., processor, embedding station, autostainer, microtome, coverslipper, etc.). Perform troubleshooting as necessary.
- Assist laboratory personnel in organization of histology study specimens and study files for archival.
- Contribute to key elements of the strategic development of a project by participating in discussions to determine and clarify project needs with colleagues within Research and Development.
- Maintain communication and transparency with management and customers.
- Independently generate and interpret data in compliance with appropriate regulations, policies and SOPs.
- Maintain timely and accurate electronic notebook.
- Provide subject matter expertise to colleagues and collaborators with regard to tissue handling techniques.
- Maintain familiarity with CAP and CLIA regulations surrounding histopathology.
- A minimum of a BS degree with 4 years of experience in histotechnology is required
- Familiarity with molecular pathology techniques is preferred
- Experience handling tissue samples is preferred
- Special Training or Certification: American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Histotechnologist (HTL) certified or working toward eligibility is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)