Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. R&D Engineer (Product Development) Catheter Design
Requisition ID: 9958180426
Biosense Webster, Inc (BWI), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. R&D Engineer (Product Development) to be located in Irwindale, California.
Hi-Tech meets Medical Devices at Biosense Webster! If you want to work with brilliant people in a fast-paced environment, help make a huge difference in patient's lives and want to be responsible for providing the most innovative technology in the field of cardiac electrophysiology, then Biosense Webster is the place for you! Our vision and mission are clear - be #1 in rhythm solutions globally and cure AF (Atrial Fibrillation), the most common heart arrhythmia. Our products are used by prominent physicians around the world and help improve thousands of patient's lives. Simply put, we are a highly innovative entrepreneurial company with a truly global and diverse culture, backed with the support structure of the Johnson & Johnson Corporation - quite a winning combination! Our commitment to quality and our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones as a company.
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world.
The Senior Product Development Engineer will be supporting project teams in the development of electrophysiology ablation and diagnostic catheters and systems at Biosense Webster. Project support includes overall design, design for manufacturing, test method development, and product verification and validation testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support R&D team to design and test electrophysiology ablation and diagnostic catheters and systems. Develop concepts, designs and details for machines, tools and fixtures.
- Lead technical discussion and decision making with cross functional team.
- Interface between external vendors and core team.
- Develop specifications, engineering blueprints and detail drawings.
- Resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Provide design changes for existing products. Ensures proper documentation of changes.
- Create engineering designs, develop plans and keep laboratory notebooks on all work.
- Conduct testing (Bench, V&V, in vivo); develop and utilize test protocols; generate written reports.
- Travel to customer sites, domestic and international, to gather VOC, perform testing and/or perform troubleshooting activities.
- Responsible for performing design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound processes and designs.
- Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
- Must have five (5) plus years’ relevant Engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience in catheter design is required.
- Experience with CAD software such as AutoCad or Solidworks is required.
- Knowledge and experience in development processes and in documentation writing is required
- Experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE) preferred.
- Ability to use PC and associated software is required
- In-depth knowledge of material and metals is required
- The Senior Product Development Engineer will have the knowledge, skill and ability to provide technical leadership on cross-functional teams.
- The Senior Product Development Engineer will have strong problem-solving skills with excellent communication skills.
- Travel up to 20% both domestic and international is required
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)
R&D Engineering (R&D)