Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Surgical Vision Strategic Insights and Analytics
Requisition ID: 9939190716
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Surgical Vision Strategic Insights and Analytics to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Director, Surgical Vision Strategic Insights and Analytics leads Surgical Vision Insights & Analytics. Responsible for building an Insights-led Data-driven culture across the Surgical Vision Franchise to drive meaningful business impact.
Leverages deep human insights techniques and advanced analytics capabilities to represent the voice of the customer across Global Strategic Marketing, Global R&D & Commercial Leadership teams as a proactive business consultant.
Develops capabilities and nurtures emerging talent to build a strong pipeline of Insights & Analytics leaders across JJSV.
Represent voice of the customer to drive meaningful business impact across the following platforms:
- Discover & Diagnosis: Proactively identify growth opportunities by building deep discovery and diagnosis capabilities (across IOLs, Refractive, Equipment & OSD); build & execute a holistic learning plan after identifying knowledge gaps.
- Evaluate & Optimize: Build deep in-market expertise for priority markets to drive excellence in execution representing the voice of customer by evaluating & optimizing initiatives to drive market leading Innovation, strong Equity, and superior Customer Experience while building experimentation capabilities to test & learn in Real-time.
- Track & Predict: Build Early Warning Systems to establish a robust Health of Business process and identify leading performance indicators, invest in predictive modeling capabilities to drive forecast accuracy & the build robust planning routines by leveraging advanced analytics approaches to decompose market effects using causal attribution to track & refine plans.
Responsible for working closely with the Commercial Business leaders to build the Commercial Data Strategy for Surgical Vision:
- Identifying business use cases (jobs to be done)
- Building a roadmap for data acquisition - what data needs enrichment, what data needs to be acquired & what data needs to be built
- Building Customer Master Data Strategy: Identifying unique identifiers & analytic solutions to connect data across multiple sources to build 360 view of customers
- Identifying & executing the approach towards data harvesting - privacy/compliance governance, data ingestion, data visualization, data engineering & leveraging advanced analytics and predictive solutions, and
- Driving organizational change management to build a culture of insights-led data-driven decision making by focusing on people, structure, capabilities, processes and partnerships
Responsible for Building a leading Insights & Analytics team within SV. As key member of the Strategic Insights + Analytics (SI+A) Leadership Team develops organizational capabilities & nurtures emerging talent to build a strong pipeline of Insights & Analytics leaders across JJSV.
- Demonstrate an Enterprise Leadership mindset with high energy as a change agent who drives cross-franchise/sector collaboration efforts:
- Partner closely with SMEs across JJV Insights & Analytics team to harness deep subject matter expertise across the franchise.
- Transfer knowledge & build capabilities by embracing best practices to leverage scale & enterprise resources.
- Build strong internal/external partnerships to develop innovative & agile approaches leveraging deep insights techniques & advanced analytics.
Manage budget & plan investment needs as a proactive consultant as a part of the business planning cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field; MBA or MS is strongly preferred
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of progressive experience in strategic insights and analytics, market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting, or a related field is required.
- Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses is required.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply advanced analytics to solve business issues is required.
- Ability to influence cross-functional and management teams to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis.
- Strategic business knowledge with the ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking.
- Strong track record of leadership in high performance consumer packaged goods or medical device environment is required.
- Medical Device/Surgical industry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely.
- 25% Travel percentage (domestic/international)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)