Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director of Data Science Analytics and Insights
Requisition ID: 9931181212
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is a division of Johnson & Johnson, and is hiring. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to other locations (e.g., Raritan, NJ, La Jolla / San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, and Beerse, Belgium).
What matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen R&D (JRD) is an organization of 11,000+ people with an operating budget of $7B, which includes JRD Therapeutic Areas (Cardiovascular/Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases/Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonary Hypertension) and JRD Global Functions.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role you will serve as a key advisor to the Vice President, Data Sciences Analytics and Insights. You will work together to guide the development of insights from analysis of an unprecedented wealth of translational data from internal programs, partnerships and public data, and to lead key strategic and tactical insights in handling cross sector and cross therapeutic analytical programs.
As an authority in the field of computational sciences, together with strong leadership and management skills, you will direct a growing group of individuals to design and craft platforms to enable analyses within and across multiple Therapeutic Areas in Janssen. In addition, you will partner to evaluate the current data science strategy, craft future strategy and align for execution and implementation.
- You will closely work with the Head, Data Sciences Analytics and Insights to use data driven insights to optimize near term performance goals and long-term strategic initiatives
- You will lead a team of expert data science analysts to design and analyze strategically meaningful analyses identified by therapeutic area and functional data science leaders using state of the art data and tools from both within and outside of the data science organization
- Work to ensure an agile and highly-functioning team to deliver analytical insights with high quality and in a rapid manner
- Use in-depth knowledge of machine-learning, probability and statistics, and causal inference to discover new insights that expand opportunities across our organization
- You will craft and drive decisions based on factual data and analytical findings, consolidating input from across therapeutic areas and functional areas to ensure that all views are represented
- You will be a leader in a dynamic cross-functional environment - understand scientific needs and use data methodologies to better inform and support therapeutic area research and clinical strategies
- Lead in providing data informed strategic direction for senior partner analysis and decision-making
- You will effectively partner with data science teams embedded across the therapeutic area functions, Information Technology teams, epidemiological and other research teams to extract meaningful insights that will help fuel the growth of our R&D pipeline
- You will interface externally with biologists, geneticists, physicians, pathologists, and other bioinformatics scientists to glean insights via implementing end-to-end advanced analytics
- You will develop highly functional teams through mentoring, goal setting, and a dedication to employee growth and development - Recruit, interview, select & develop top talent
- Run daily huddles for the team and ensuring regular problem-solving towards developing data insights
- Assimilate and synthesize emerging trends in data science by attending relevant meetings and conferences
- On-board and work with consultant teams and thought-partners as needed
- Minimum Education: Master’s Degree, or PhD preferred, with at least 10+ years' experience in bioinformatics, computational or statistical sciences or related field
- Proven experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, experimental design and related areas
- Comfortable utilizing blended data from various platforms and with using and extracting insights from Omyx data, real world evidence data as well as extracting information from large data warehouses using SQL, Spark, Hive etc.
- Proven technical ability with a variety of tools and methodologies used to support data engineering, modeling, and visualization, including SQL, Python and R
- Familiarity with ETL, data pipeline development and data cleansing with large-scale, complex data-sets
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations
- Preferred Open Source Contribution experience
- Travel requirement of 30% domestic and 10% global
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)