Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Government Affairs & Stakeholder Engagement - Quebec
Requisition ID: 9922180426
Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently hiring a Director of Government Relations & Stakeholder Engagement, Quebec in the Government Affairs and Market Access department. This role can be located in either Montreal or Quebec City.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
As the Director, you will lead a diverse team in the development and implementation of strategies aimed at enhancing provincial coverage and the policy environment for Janssen products from both provincial and federal perspectives. The Director will sit on the Extended Leadership Team of the Market Access department, bringing important insights and broader leadership to the division.
- Lead a regional Government Relations & Stakeholder Engagement team in the development and implementation of strategies aimed at enhancing provincial and national coverage for Janssen products with public payers
- Represent Janssen interests with provincial payers, policy makers & politicians
- Represent Janssen interests with regional advocacy strategies/plans to drive awareness, active treatment and optimization of access with community stakeholders
- Develop and implement national and regional access strategies in coordination with the Extended Leadership Team of the Government Affairs & Market Access division, with a focus on regional plans for both government and stakeholder engagement
- Develop a leadership role with industry associations, notably, Innovative Medicines Canada, to ensure Janssen’s interests are being driven forward
- Actively negotiate listing agreements with public payers, as required
- Develop strategic approaches to healthcare policy & funding for Janssen products in Quebec, and provincial-specific strategies regarding federal healthcare policies; influence policies to be favourable to Janssen
- Identify and develop win-win partnerships between Janssen and key funding influencers, leverage key partnerships and initiatives
- Communicate heath care policy information across business partners, as it impacts Janssen business and develop strategies to enable Janssen to win in a changing environment.
- Play a leadership role on the Extended Leadership Team of the Government Affairs and Market Access division
- Lead a team to a high level of engagement and performance including hiring, development, coaching and overall performance management
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or political science; an advanced degree is an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or government (Provincial/Federal Ministry of Health).
- Extensive knowledge of the political and healthcare environment, customers and non-profit sector.
- Bilingualism (French, English) is required.
- Prior experience leading, developing, and coaching a team of direct reports is highly desirable.
- Experience in patient care initiatives/advocacy preferred - with a patient advocacy organization, non-profit organization, or within a pharmaceutical company.
- Excellent negotiating skills, strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, scientific and analytical skills.
- Experience working in multiple therapeutic areas a strong asset.
- Experience in pharmaceutical sales/marketing an asset.
- Demonstration of strong interdependent partnering and high level of customer focus.
- Demonstrates the competencies in strong customer focus, collaboration & teaming, strategic and innovative thinking and the ability to master complexity.
- This position may require up to 30% travel.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
North America-Canada-Quebec-Quebec City
Janssen Inc. (7710)