Johnson & Johnson Careers
New Technology Manager - Northeast Region - Biosense Webster Inc.
Requisition ID: 9921190320
Biosense Webster, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a New Technology Manager to support the Northeast Region; which includes Delaware, Philadelphia, PA, NYC, Boston, MA and Maine.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
- Be an integral part of Biosense Webster’s US Field Sales & Service group reporting to, and closely partnering with, the Area Director (AD).
- Focus on supporting the introduction of new technologies to the marketplace by mastering new product lines during the pre-market release phase and providing first level training and clinical support to the customer during the early market release phase.
- Manage Regional Technology Specialists (RTS) personnel and activities to increasing the clinical competency development for the assigned workgroup's field organization.
- May participate in new product development efforts and will become the field-based expert for all new BWI products.
- Provide customer and field employee feedback and clinical knowledge to New Product Development (NPD) partners.
- Participate in new product clinical validation and provide on-site training as requested to customers to increase utilization of BWI product portfolio.
- Also may be brought into organization-wide projects to create training materials to facilitate the implementation of new products.
- Work with various internal stakeholders to provide and develop ongoing training plans/strategies for Field Sales, RTS, and Clinical Account Specialists throughout the year, and at both introductory and advanced training events. This individual will be asked to provide case coverage, and support customer presentations, as a strategy to capture competitive business through the adoption of new technology.
- Accurately assess customer needs, opportunities, and potential barriers, at accounts where new technology is being introduced, and establish a prioritized technology adoption plan leading to business growth and sales goal attainment
- Accurately assess the clinical skills of Area Clinical and Sales support as it relates to new technology and partner with the Regional Business Director (RBD) to build capabilities to the targeted level
- Partner with Global Education and Training team in development of National and Area level training/education plans.
- Partner with various stakeholders including New Product Development, Sales and Service, Marketing and Commercial Excellence leaders to execute market release strategies. This includes the potential development of training material and vehicles including:
- Online Courses (e-modules)
- Instructor Led (Commercial Excellence led) programs, including the initial training process
- Self-study materials
- Recruit, develop and retain talent (e.g., selection, performance management, succession planning, development planning, retention planning, etc)
- Lead the execution and deployment of training materials & programs in their assigned Area to ensure maximum commercial success by:
- Assisting in execution of new product launches
- Assisting in the execution of G-1, G-2 and G-3, Area training events, NEO, etc
- Drive competitive account conversions via targeted field training on rebuttals of competitive products
- Facilitate the development of key Area Clinical members to participate in the certification and clinical development process of new technologies
- Collaborate with customers (key physician and non-physician stakeholders) to understand key requirements for field force competencies and behaviors related to new technologies
- Provide monthly report demonstrating activities, measured gains/losses in new product introductions and recommended action plans for future development
- Support NPD Marketing and R&D internal training courses on new technologies to prepare for commercial launch
- Partner with NPD Marketing to support the launch of new IDE product trials during initial clinical study phase
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, Location and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Manage expense budget supporting NTM and RTS activities.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- BS in Biological Sciences, Nursing or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience in electrophysiology required
- Substantial knowledge of Electroanatomical mapping systems and procedures is required
- Excellent oral (including group presentation) and written communication skills, as well as solid organizational and time management abilities are required. The qualified candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and customer relationship-building skills
- The ability to travel 65% is required
- A valid driver’s license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States is required.
- Master degree
- Professional certification (e.g. IBHRE, RCES) in cardiology technology
- Experience including multi-departmental roles in Sales, Clinical Services, Marketing, Professional Education and training
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Preferred candidates will reside in Philadelphia, PA, NYC, Boston, MA
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New York--
North America-United States-Delaware, North America-United States-Maine, North America-United States-Mississippi-Philadelphia, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)