Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Associate Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9921180426
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Associate Scientist within Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Discovery responsibilities will include:
• Support the identification, validation, and drug development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics for the treatment of Oncology indications
• Design, execute and interpret studies for the identification, validation, and characterization of antigen-specific immune responses including MHC class I and II immune reactive epitopes
• Establish immunogenicity assays with proliferation and cytokine endpoint readouts for the characterization of immune responses to both neo and self-antigens
• Design, execute and interpret complex in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments to evaluate mechanism of action associated with immune cell function with the aim of advancing the Oncology pipeline.
• Communicate scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and project leader. Comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment
• Maintain detailed and organized experimental records and stay compliant on all relevant internal and external training requirements
• Quantify immune cell response by Elispot/flouropspot assays (e.g. IFNγ, TNFα, IL-2, IL-10)
• Analyze, compare, and report the sensitivity, potency and impact on growth rate of molecules of interest agents by standard cytotoxicity assays (e.g. Incucyte, Cell titer-glo, LDH, MTT)
• Quantitate soluble cytokine and protein levels from serum, tissue homogenate, and tissue culture supernatant by standard ELISA and other platforms (e.g. MSD, Luminex)
• Culture multiple primary cell types, and cancer cell line simultaneously under aseptic conditions
• Establish robust assay readout metrics (EC50/IC50, max response, response above background) for the comparison and ranking of experimental agents
• Process tissue (blood, lymph nodes, tumor, prostate, lung, muscle, spleen, and thymus) to single cell suspension for analysis of immune cell and stromal cells by Flow cytometry
• Stain and characterize immune cell population by multiparameter (8-16 colors) flow cytometry (e.g. Fortessa, Canto, Celesta)
• A minimum of a BS degree is required
• A minimum of three years’ experience working in an industry or Biotech laboratory environment is required
• Experience in design and interpretation of cell based assays/experiments to interrogate questions in Immunology and compound effects on the immune system is preferred
• Specific experience utilizing Elispot/Flourospot to quantify immune cell activation is required
• Experience culturing multiple primary and cancer cell line simultaneously under aseptic conditions is required
• Experience with cytokine expression, proliferation, and cytotoxicity assays is required
• Experience in molecular biology including RNA, DNA and protein analysis is required
• Experience with in vivo models of tumor biology, and flow cytometry is required.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
• Excellent communication and collaborative skills are essential including; interfacing with group leaders to ensure that in vitro and in vivo testing requirements and time lines are met
• Developing and presenting summaries of data, writing clear and succinct study reports; and effective interfacing with other cross functional groups.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)