Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DREXEL R&D ENGINEERING CO-OP
Requisition ID: 9916180426
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Drexel Product Development Co-op located in Westchester, PA to support the Trauma /CMF Research and Development (R&D) Team.
DePuySynthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
Caring for the world, one person at a time; inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. For 127 years, we embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our approximately 128,000 employees at more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.3 billion in 2013 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets
The Depuy Synthes Trauma / CMF Research and Development (R&D) Team in West Chester is focused on the development of innovative medical devices, including implants and instruments, for skeletal repair and reconstruction of the head, appendages, and torso (excluding spine). The team coordinates with surgeons, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, sales consultants, product directors, and other functional departments to define and develop product requirements and concepts.
- Co-ops will be part of a team responsible for the design and development of complex mechanical medical devices within an FDA QSR and ISO 13485 design control environment.
- The co-op will be assigned to a group within the R&D team focused on a specific technology (e.g. large plates and screws, external fixation frames, etc.).
- They will participate in all aspects of the design control process including the identification of patient and regulatory needs, development and evaluation of design specifications, identifying and controlling of risks, and creation and documentation of design outputs.
- Assist in the development and execution of verification / validation plans which may include evaluation in a human cadaver.
- Assist in the development and execution of both formal and informal testing protocols including the design of testing fixtures and testing methodology. \
- Have the ability to learn and utilize Creo 3D CAD to produce models and drawings to company drafting standards.
- Support product development by regularly interfacing with members of R&D, Prototype Manufacturing, Mechanical Testing, and Design Quality.
- Design Work may be assigned based on candidate’s background and successful completion of tasks.
Successful candidates for this role possess high mechanical aptitude as well as strong problem solving and communication skills. Engineering students who like to “tinker” and/or work with their hands are preferred. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Minimum GPA: 3.0
Co-op will maintain active, regular communication and involvement with internal and external project team members. The Co-op will maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session. Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location.
Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Qualified candidates must be a current Drexel University Engineering student in good standing and enrolled in the Co-op program. We are looking for candidates pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- We are looking for candidates that are:
- Highly motivated and can work independently on one or multiple projects under general direction and can exhibit an attention to detail.
- Interest in medical device/orthopedic fields.
- “Hands-on” engineering student w/ability to think creatively.
- Establish and foster collaboration and partnership internally and externally.
- Has a good sense of priorities and manages time accordingly.
- Has strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences, and attending team meeting face to face and by teleconference.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software is required as well as intermediate to advanced software skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with 3-D modeling (Creo) preferred.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)