Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, DNA x-Product Line Lead
Requisition ID: 9911180816
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires & unites the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace innovation—bringing ideas, products & services to life to advance the health & well-being of people around the world. We believe in collaboration, & that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every day a little better. Our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive & broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, & medical devices & diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people & with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent & desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Our Commercial Product Lines will enable Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
to deliver transformational technology products & services that will improve the lives of our patients, consumers, &
employees. These Product Lines, in
partnership with the full Johnson & Johnson Technology (JJT) organization
& our business, will contribute to J&J driving groundbreaking
innovation, creating integrated healthcare solutions, & providing
personalized customer & user experiences with a level of speed, agility
& scale unmatched in the healthcare industry
The DNA Product Line is uniquely positioned to power world-class data & analytics technologies that enable end-to-end data management, operational/advanced analytics & data science capabilities. By turning our J&J commercial functions into insight driven organizations that are true analytics competitors, we are transforming how we serve our consumers, patients, healthcare professionals, customers & employees around the world. In close partnership with full JJT organization & our business, we will develop, leverage & scale smarter, faster & more efficient future-ready enterprise platforms & capabilities that will help to unlock new & differentiated insights needed to drive innovation, commercial growth, operational efficiencies & improved health outcomes.
The Senior Director, DNA x-Product Line Lead reports to the Vice President – DCC & DNA Product Lines & will sit on the DNA Product Line Leadership team. This senior executive is responsible for building transformational analytics platforms that span all sectors & businesses – making current insights & analytics more efficient & effective while also adding new capabilities & setting the foundation for smarter insights that fuels our competitive edge & supporting better & faster decisions. They shape the over-arching platform strategies across the DNA PL & are responsible for enabling scalable platforms which deliver "economies of scope" across the full product line that accelerate sectors specific teams as they deliver "economies of differentiation.
This executive manages a global team of platform owners & shapes the organization’s use of advanced analytical technologies & capabilities to optimize our investments & predict market actions.
The incumbent must build strong collaborative partnerships with senior business leaders across the Business Technology (BT), Product Line (PL), Technology Services (TS), Finance, Human Resources & Enterprise Portfolio Management Organizations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
closely with the DNA Product Line leadership to define the overall DNA Product
Area vision, strategy & analytics capability roadmap for all Product Areas
across the organization. Work
across all product lines to align overall strategy enabling "economies of
scope" & ensure consistency in PL specific platform strategy
- Define ultimate platform catalog &
define boundaries between each Product Line Area, applying standardization
& consistency throughout the entire Product Line:
- Data Management - Data strategy & data
ops, including data infrastructure, integration, messaging, warehousing,
transformation, extraction, & data products
- Analytics & Visualization - Statistical modeling, advanced analytics, or data visualization, enabling the analysis of data & production of meaningful business insights.
- Approves platform strategy & lifecycle plans within each product line area, including re-orienting platforms from sector specific to cross-sector
- Develop business centric, technical platform strategy to drive measurable business value. Strategy includes platform roadmap based on continuous improvement aligned to evolving business strategy, integration of emerging technologies, product lifecycle management & organizational capacity to manage demand.
- Accountable for platform delivery across the portfolio traceable to ROI for global & regional product delivery. Ensures high level of predictability in the delivery of solutions. Works with Technology Services to continually improve the effectiveness & efficiency of the portfolio of products.
- Establish data as a service, enabling efficient, integrated, end-to-end management & delivery of high quality data assets across the value chain through leading-edge data architectures (EDL, EDG)
- Create an aligned interaction model between the DNA PL, dependent PLs, BT, TS & business that optimizes flow, enhancing our ability to deliver solutions with greater speed, increased agility & measurable business impact
- Build & deploy a framework to ensure rigorous & responsive demand governance for DNA investments that prioritizes highest value opportunities for the sectors
- Continuously search for ways to eliminate redundancies & inefficiencies while streamlining costs to reinvest in new innovations through disciplined technology lifecycle management & total cost of ownership
- Design a dynamic talent management strategy that addresses talent acquisition, performance & development; maximizes the power of diversity & inclusion; & provides our employees with the opportunity to build new analytics skills & business acumen, gain expertise & grow
- Drive analytics innovation & thought leadership by anticipating & responding to rapidly changing industry trends, translating relevant insights into solutions that create value
- Forge trusted partnerships with external partners, other JJT PLs & complimentary analytics practitioners & data scientists across the business sectors & the enterprise, taking advantage of our collective expertise to deliver the best analytics solutions
- Master’s or MBA in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods
- 15+ years preferred of managing technical teams; strong leadership, communication & interpersonal skills; effective manager of people & strong team-building skills
- Experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises are preferred. Ideally, has working knowledge of the CPG, Pharm & Medical Devices businesses, the information that drives it, & the analytical approaches that are appropriate.
- Strong domain expertise with experiences in multivariate statistical analysis including regression, regression tree, logistic regression, cluster analysis, behavioral market structure etc.
- Knowledge of data structure; information systems/tools, & related software & data management; enterprise content management, & record-keeping policies & practices
- Demonstrated strength in examining issues, shaping strategy & influencing effectively across the organization, driving people, process & technology change.
- Technical scope of knowledge includes a broad understanding of commercial solutions including machine learning, artificial intelligence & data science process. Demonstrates strong understanding of Master Data Management strategy with ability to deliver at scale. Technical skills range from experience with core analytics tools like Qlik, Tableau, Informatica & Alteryx to cloud computing platforms & advance analytics tools.
- Ability to translate vision to strategy to roadmap; Balances discovery & delivery; Anticipate future needs & proactively improve product features; Ensures products/solutions meet service level expectations. Applying concepts of Agile solutioning to rapidly deliver value through user design, prototyping, Minimal Viable Product & continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written), including the ability to explain digital concepts & technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists.
- Demonstrated strength in partnering with internal/external contacts globally to generate mutually beneficial, long-term opportunities & negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large team across business & technical areas. Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment & influence adoption of new thinking
- Experience leading multiple high-profile projects with demanding deadlines, changing requirements, & working with limited resources. Ability to estimate required effort for project objectives & prioritize work items appropriately
- Embrace the principles of DNA product management that put consumers, patients, HCP’s, customers & employees at the center, following agile/RVR, lean & design thinking
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees & committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-New Jersey
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)