Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Advanced R&D, Innovation
Requisition ID: 9901180116
DePuy Synthes, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Advanced R&D, Innovation located in Raynham, MA, considerations will also be made for other J&J MD sites in US.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior R&D Manager, Advanced R&D, Innovation will be responsible for the identification and evaluation of new technologies to address the key unmet needs for Orthopedics. This individual will work with other leaders to create a compelling future that applies common technology across multiple businesses, socialize the vision across the business, and take real steps to translate the vision into reality.
While a being technologist with a broad understanding of different therapeutic technologies, this individual will develop a vision and roadmap of prioritized data acquisition and technology driven capabilities to deliver business value. A high level of interaction with business units and data science / IT disciplines to develop new data enabled solutions will be required. Role requires the ability and track record of having worked in a matrixed environment and distributed teams and being able to lead by influence, example and collaboration.
This individual will operate from a deep understanding of disease states, unmet needs, market trends, and evidence required to demonstrate effectiveness and will explore related technologies across industries. This deep understanding will then be used to develop and drive the translation of data enabled technologies into disease relevant insights that drive desired outcomes and fit into emerging business models. The ability to translate strategy into reality in a time bound manner while aligning and working with a large organization will be critical to success in this role.
- A Master’s degree with a minimum 8 years relevant work experience OR a PhD Degree with minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a regulated industry is required.
- Strong knowledge of digital technologies, data analytics and data science technologies and their translations into applications that deliver clinical and economic value is required.
- Familiar with disease states as well as have direct experience in advanced technologies in therapeutic areas is preferred.
- Experience working in a leadership capacity in a distributed team or matrixed environment is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with experience presenting before a management board, are required.
- Experience managing budget for large projects is preferred.
- This position may require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
- This position is based in Raynham, MA. Considerations will also be made for other J&J MD sites in US.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)