DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Staff Project Manager, Supply Chain Launch Management Trauma CMF position located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
You will be part of the DePuy Synthes Supply Chain Product Management (SCPM) group. You will use knowledge of project management, enterprise-wide supply chains, knowledge of manufacturing operations to function as an integral member of a development team devoted to sustainable world-class manufacturing & supply chain operations supporting key strategic NPI projects. Ensures continuity of supply by leading and participating in complex projects that require influencing and supporting cross-functional teams such as: R&D, Quality Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing, Plan, Make, External Operations and Environmental/Safety that drives the development and implementation of Business Continuity Plans to mitigate against manufacturing and/or Supplier launch delays and long term product supply disruption risks.
- Actively participate in activities/deliverables, project plan development, updates to management and other core team activities to help establish project direction to ensure total team success.
- Provide operations inputs into the design of new product to ensure product is designed to meet business metrics including cost and gross profit margins.
- Participate in identifying, influencing, selecting and qualifying suppliers. Collaborate with internal functions and suppliers to finalize product design, material selection & process selection. Participate in assessing supplier robustness and collaborate on process excellence initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Facilitate the creation of commercial supply agreements to support program needs ensuring all key operations and manufacturing requirements are adequately addressed. Obtain necessary consensus by leading trade-off discussions and prioritization activities on contracts. Understands demand planning and works with internal and external teams to develop capacity plans for scale up including requirements for capital and validation expenses.
- Support the resource planning, scale up requirements and head count requirements for manufacturing internally and externally. Participates or leads strategic decision-making process including make vs. buy analysis, site selection decisions, and makes balanced recommendations to management with regard to short term and long terms program objectives.
- Contribute to decision-making in key areas of projects including financial, marketing, planning, quality and design. Ensure all areas of Supply Chain (Make, Buy and Plan) are involved and engaged throughout the project lifecycle, providing two way communications between project teams and Supply Chain functions. Assignments will typically be of high complexity and organizational impact.
This position may require up to 10-20% of Domestic and International travel.
This position requires a minimum of 6 years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain Management or 4 years of experience with a MS or MBA. Demonstrated experience in new product launches in navigating within matrix organizations and complex supply chain models is required. Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of project plans is required.
Excellent communication skills and ability to translate complex issues easily for others to understand and the ability to prepare communications for project teams and Senior Management are required. Strong time management, budget, and program management skills are also required. The ability to lead teams and influence others is required, including the ability to function in multi-cultural environments. Manufacturing experience in a regulated industry along with cost and capacity modeling for new and existing products is a requirement.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)