Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Forecasting – Hematology Oncology located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager, Forecasting – Hematology Oncology is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities that shape decisions and drive organizational action for the Hematology Oncology Franchise.
This position will partner closely with brand teams, cross functional partners, and with our co-promotional/developmental partner to serve as an internal consultant to the Sales & Marketing team. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in forecasting, as well as providing tracking and insights around national performance (product, channel, NBRx, etc.) and as a result, shares accountability for business results.
Manager, Forecasting – Hematology Oncology will:
- Lead development and implementation of forecast models & tracking; proactively identify new data sources that will enhance decision making & increase forecast accuracy. Implement forecast modeling approaches; work with supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the context of resources, timing and overall franchise goals.
- Integrate forecasting efforts & insights with primary research, intelligence, & analytics insights developed by peers across the Commercial Insights & Strategy team and translate these into business impact. Integrate all information (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled) into forecasts and assessments of organizational strategies & actions with the potential to drive tangible growth in revenue or profit. Provide strategic input to strategic and business plans, sales & brand strategies and new product launch plans / life cycle management for brands.
- Provide tracking and insights of national performance, including performance metric versus forecast. Incorporate channel, source of business, NBRx and other leading indicators of demand performance to help the business understand the drivers of performance.
- Ensure timely tracking of forecast accuracy and key assumptions across key data sources – prescription, patient, call activity and managed care to evaluate risk & opportunities. In partnership with integrated analytics colleagues, identify and develop key metrics to measure and monitor performance.
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Consistently focus on key business issues for the franchise. The ability to demonstrate leadership courage in order to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is critical. Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies.
- Act with speed, agility and accountability. Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight driven to uncover important unmet needs.
- Take personal accountability for making Credo-based decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture.
- BA/BS required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience is required.
- Experience in forecasting and business planning is required.
- Business analytics, finance, or strategic planning experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in business intelligence, marketing, and/or sales is preferred.
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Oncology experience preferred.
- Business/market experience to influence franchise/brand level decisions and strategies are required.
- General management mindset, business acumen, strategic thinking skills are required.
- Proven analytical skills and learning agility are required.
- Experience in developing comprehensive and impactful recommendations and solutions that drive key decisions are required.
- Proficiency in modeling and reporting tools, specifically, Excel is required.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint is required.
- Knowledge of IQVIA data is preferred.
- This position is based in Horsham, PA and requires up to 10% domestic travel.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (6062)