Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) Automation Specialist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking a creative High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) Automation Specialist to join the Chemistry Capabilities group at Janssen. This incumbent will design, develop, optimize, validate and integrate complex automation configurations for high-throughput applications on parallel synthesis, high throughput experimentation and high throughput purification.
- Integrate and establish workflow with automation robots, such as liquid handler, solid dispenser, parallel synthesizer and high throughput analytical systems
- Streamline workflows and develop automated laboratory processes and instrumentation systems, including collecting and documenting requirements, developing concepts, design, testing/validation, implementation, and training
- Work closely with external vendors regarding new technologies and instrumentation
- Maintain automation systems and develop new protocols
- Provide training to ACC team members and medicinal chemists on usage of instrumentation when necessary
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, and advanced degree Master’s or Ph.D. degree is preferred, in chemistry, (bio)engineering or other life sciences disciplines is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of experience of designing, building and integrating complex automation configurations for high-throughput applications in pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is required.
- Experience in chemical high throughput experimentation and purification, especially in microscale and nanomolar scale synthesis and testing preferred.
- Experience with operating and programming liquid handling robotics platforms (e. g., BioMek, Hamilton, TECAN, Agilent Technologies, Mosquito, Thermo Matrix) is required.
- Extensive Experience with high throughput synthesis systems (e.g., ChemSpeed, UnChained Labs etc.) is required.
- Experience with onboarding and debugging HTE automation system and software applications is preferred.
- Extensive experience with multi-dimensional data analysis tools, including Spotfire or equivalent preferred
- Experience in synthesis, purification and analytical characterization of chemical compounds including HPLC, MS, NMR, and biophysical methods preferred
- The ability to work in a cross-functional environment with a can-do attitude to drive productivity and efficiency is required.
- Strong organization and communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)