Johnson & Johnson Careers
2019 R&D LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT INTERN PROGRAM
Requisition ID: 9837180816
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and dream to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Growing on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most creative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two phenomenal companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we aspire to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The R&D Leadership Development Intern Program is a 12-week Internship with an emphasis in New Product Development. We offer exciting and unrivaled departmental experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized teams such as Research and Development, New Product Development, Design and Bioengineering, Orthopedic Test Laboratory, Manufacturing, Design Quality. Opportunity to work in a fast paced technologically advanced corporate environment. Program focused on developing individual engineers, capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
As a R&D LDP Intern you will:
- Join the Medical Devices - DePuy Synthes Research and Development team in North America and join us at one of our world’s leading orthopedic development facilities, designed to stimulate innovation, communication, and teamwork so we may advance medical device solutions that deliver value for healthcare systems and improve people’s lives.
Based on location of assignment, Johnson & Johnson offers housing assistance to interns who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site location, or a stipend payment for you to use at your discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
- You should be currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program during the internship assignment.
- The following Engineering disciplines are preferred: Mechanical, Design, Biomedical, Product engineering, Industrial Design, Biomaterials, Automotive, Aeronautical, Computer Science, and Robotics.
- You should have the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel and have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- You should have the ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a dedicated approach to achieving success.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is also strongly preferred.
- Experience leading a team either in campus and/or community setting.
- Comfortable with fast pace environment.
- Proactive, courage to take a leader position and help get things done the right way.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Primary Location: North America, United States, Raynham, MA, Warsaw, IN and West Chester, PA
Organization: Medical Devices- DePuy Synthes Products Inc
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)