Johnson & Johnson Careers
Packaging Facilitator (Third Shift)
Requisition ID: 9830180816
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Packaging Facilitator (Third Shift) to be located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Responsible for coordinating all manufacturing activities on existing and future production lines to ensure timely development and delivery of low cost, quality products
- Supervise multiple teams of production associates utilizing the concepts of associate involvement, while maintaining contact with all team members as individuals
- Lead, manage, motivate, and develop teams to meet customer demands, cycle time objectives, and other job result objectives
- Utilize motivational strategies and the performance management system to ensure productions associates are meeting required performance levels
- Follow and administer company policies and procedures, e.g., GMP and ISO requirements to production and support associates
- Coordinate staffing requirements; provide support team leadership, and training and development of production associates
- Establish and negotiate manufacturing deliverables during the formative stages of development ensure product manufacturability
- Establish and maintain departmental specific procedures.
- Establish financial requirements and maintain accountability of labor materials, e.g., waste and burden, to meet Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS) initiatives
- Work with Engineering to include process FMEA s (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis) process improvement, validation, line layout, RE establishment, and quality plan implementation
- Initiate and lead quality and cost improvement efforts
- Provide leadership to meet the challenges of diversity to move the process forward
- Establish and maintain systems requirements, e.g., enterprise resource platform, material resource planning software, warehouse management systems, cost accounting system, and order management systems, as required for inventory accuracy
- Set standards for and recognize safe behavior and adherence to company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area
- Environmental – Participate in EMS management structure toward implementation and maintenance of EMS including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance
- Participate and support the ISO 14001 Certification and Regulatory Audit process. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
- Ability to Third Shift, approximate work hours are: 10:30 PM – 7:00 AM
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree AND 4 years related experience is required; OR an Associates or Vocational degree AND 6 years related experience is required
- Experience in leading and/or managing people is required
- Experience in a manufacturing / operations environment is preferred
- Experience in medical device or other highly regulated industry is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and training to serve as a mentor/resource for other facilitators regarding manufacturing activities and people leadership, and take a leadership role on projects to achieve business results are required
- Understanding and knowledge of Process Excellence principles are preferred
- Certifications in LEAN, Six Sigma and/or PMP are preferred
- Knowledge and/or understanding of process and equipment validation, inventory management, project management and labor relations is preferred
- Experience with information systems, including, but not limited to MS Office, MS Excel, enterprise resource platform, and material resource planning software is preferred
- Experience in change management is preferred
- Experience leading process improvements is required
- Exposure to NCR/CAPAs is preferred
- Ability to work Third Shift (approx.: 10:30 PM – 7:00 AM) and travel up to 10% of the time domestically and/or internationally
United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)