Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager in the External Technical Operations Group
Requisition ID: 9826180815
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager in the External Technical Operations group. This position can be located in Raynham, MA; Warsaw, IN; West Chester, PA; or Cork, Ireland
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This Manufacturing Engineering Manager will lead a team of 5-8 direct reports, who will support Suppliers manufacturing Implants & Instruments for DePuy Synthes. This team is responsible for external supplier support activities who manufacture, clean, and package DS products or components. This will involve the development & delivery of technologies and solutions to support value to our customers and shareholders. The role with require the use of project management, lean manufacturing, six-sigma, and will be accountable for the execution of elements of global engineering & technology strategies. The Process Engineer Manager will partner and collaborate with Supplier Quality and Procurement to improve supplier reliability, resolve technical issues that affect Quality or Delivery of product, and reduce cost of manufacturing.
The scope of responsibilities encompasses the engineering activities to support the DePuy Synthes External Technical Operations – Process Engineering
- Leadership of Manufacturing Engineering to support External Manufactures
- Collaboration with R&D at early stage of products development to provide design for manufacture guidance
- Execution of strategic initiatives such as capacity growth and product transfer, both into and out of the manufacturing site.
- Continuous process improvement to drive and improve supplier quality, reliability, and cost reduction
- Advanced Engineering projects to support innovation pipeline and future growth
- External PMO management across all pillars (Plan-Make-Source-Deliver)
- Leadership of talent acquisition and development
- Support the continuous development of Global Engineering Excellence through the effective use of talent in key assignments in the Engineering Excellence program.
- Promote a quality-focused culture within the External Technical Operations
- Implement company business plan objectives & strive to exceed Business results
- Responsible for the management and justification of capital investment requirements for technology investments with Suppliers
- Ensure that engineering projects are run cost efficiently and deliver manufacturability and reliable products.
- Ensure metrics for engineering performance are met and plans are in place to provide continuous improvement
- Build and develop the engineering team through the selection, recruitment and development of extraordinary engineering talent, and the development of core technical skills and knowledge to support future growth
- Manage resource allocation and project management across multi-disciplinary projects to ensure delivery of Business objectives/priorities
- Develop both team and individual goals and objectives and measure actual performance against them, to ensure delivery of extraordinary performance to internal and external customers
- Support the performance management process and completion of appraisals, mid-year reviews and development conversations in a timely manner
- Provide timely feedback on performance even in difficult situations
- Establish plans for talent development, diversification, and professional development for group
- Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within the process engineering team
- Prioritize projects / tasks in line with Customer service requirements & strategy Engineering objectives
- Act as voice of the customer
- Work with External Suppliers, Source, Supplier Quality, EO Planning, R&D, and regulatory to execute Business Results
- Support and sponsor worldwide virtual teams where required
- Develop collaborative networks within MD&D and J&J
- A Bachelor Degree and minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience prior direct report experience in leading engineers or other technical personnel.
- A minimum of two (2) years of program and project management qualifications and expertise working with multi-functional teams in an engineering/operational environment
- Global project leadership experience is required.
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Track record in business case development in a technical environment and associated record of significant improvements in industry
- Experience working within an FDA or Highly Regulated Industry
- Validated Change Management Skills (Change Integration Process).
- Assertive Influencing & Collaboration/Teaming Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
- Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline
- An advanced degree such as MBA, MSc/Ph.D. in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline
- Material Science or Metallurgy experience
- Experience new product introduction and in leading multi-functional teams
- Six Sigma certification
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)