Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Product Director, Market Development based in South San Francisco, CA.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), a rare disease. Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral medications.
The Product Director, Market Development will lead the development and execution of market development strategy, focused in rheumatology, for the PAH franchise. In this role, this individual will be responsible for the development and execution of innovative stakeholder marketing approaches to support healthcare providers and patients for the expansion of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)-Connective Tissue Disease (CTD) diagnosis and treatment. This includes disease-state campaign development, HCP message platform and tactical pull-through (personal & non-personal), congress strategy, patient and brand marketing integration, designed to achieve short and long-term business objectives for the franchise. This leader will work closely with PAH Marketing, Commercial Excellence, Agency Partners, Advocacy and Field Sales.
The Product Director, Market Development will be directly responsible for the following:
- Development and execution of an integrated PAH-CTD strategy, including professional personal and non-personal promotions.
- Partner with Brand and Franchise Marketing teams to identify and leverage synergistic opportunities with the CTD-market development strategy for the PAH franchise; including, peer-to-peer initiatives, speakers’ bureau, disease-state education, media plans and communications.
- Ensure integration of market development strategies, messages and tactics into sales training programs and facilitate development of content for Plan of Action (POA) sales meetings.
- Partner with the Patient Marketing team to ensure representation of a segmented approach for both the undiagnosed and diagnosed PAH-CTD patient.
- Lead rheumatology congress strategy to meet marketing objectives.
- Monitor impact of brand initiatives
- Be accountable for directing, managing and monitoring spend within assigned budget.
- Contribute to a culture of candor, collaboration and ownership as part of the marketing team
- B.A./B.S. required with 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in marketing and/or product management
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- 3 years of pharmaceutical/medical device marketing experience is required
- Must be innovative, proactive, and strong analytically with excellent overall eye for business and interdependent partnering.
- Must be capable of handling and prioritizing multiple priorities and must demonstrate excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and work with multiple agencies/vendors, manage budgets and projects, cross-functionally, and with cross-company teams of high-level managers and executives.
- Experience with rare disease products or rheumatology is preferred.
- Combination of professional and consumer marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience launching new products and/or indications is preferred.
- This position is based in South San Francisco, CA and will require up to 25% travel domestically.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)