Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Scientist II, In-Vivo Research
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9822180426
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is hiring an Associate Scientist II located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Scientist, In-Vivo Research will be a part of Janssen BioTherapeutics and will support the development of novel biologic therapies which may include first-in-class technologies, stem cell therapies, monoclonal and multi-specific antibodies, alternative scaffolds, nucleic acid therapeutics, and protein molecules.
This position will work closely with connected departments to ensure success of immunization strategies in rodents, in-vivo target expression and distribution and may advise and oversee studies at CRO sites. The candidate will expand on existing laboratory efforts in this area and working with scientists in Biologics Research, to provide strategic and scientific input into immunization strategies and assays to produce therapeutic antibodies and research tool reagents. The Associate Scientist II, In-vivo Research will:
- Develop and troubleshoot novel immunization strategies and assays/animal models to assist in increasing antibody production throughput as well as characterization of these targets in-vivo
- The ideal candidate for this position will have exceptional rodent techniques and experience with animal modeling
- Experience with various scientific skills (flow cytometry, cell based assays, MSD, ELISA & LUMINEX, PCR and IHC) to assist teams generating data to assist in target identification and expression will be beneficial
- The candidate will have no direct reports but will be indirectly responsible for the development of all peers and associated scientists within their group and within Janssen BioTherapeutics by supporting the development of Human Resources Planning (HRP) programs including management development and training to meet current and future business needs and provide an environment, which encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force.
- The candidate will have a desire for learning and innovation, and continue career development through participation in scientific meetings, and increase visibility for self, Janssen BioTherapeutics and J&J through publications, participation in external organizations, and presentations at major scientific, industry, and regulatory meetings.
A minimum of 6 years of hands-on, in-vivo experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology research or related field is required
Experience in immunology, pharmacology or biology is preferred
Direct experience with rodent in vivo techniques is required
Experience with animal research regulations such as USDA, AALAS, IACUC and the 3Rs is required.
AALAS certification is preferred
Ability to propose mechanistic hypotheses, design and oversee the execution of experiments is preferred
Good communication skills, attention to detail, troubleshooting skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high level of organizational ability and attention to detail
Some travel (domestic and international) may be required dependent on project needs
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)