Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Senior Manager, Capability & Performance – Deliver Canada is accountable for establishing the operational governance structures, as well as deploying the cross sector Deliver process strategy and associated portfolio of investments, through development of a capability-based roadmap. This roadmap includes but it is not limited to business processes enabled by ERP contract-to-cash systems, Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Management Systems, Customer Performance Management, and Customer Connectivity and eCapability.
Providing leadership through industry views and external benchmarks and finding opportunities to enhance supply chain effectiveness while enhancing customer values.
Partnering and influencing counterparts in, Plan and Finance, commercial organizations, and IT, and having ownership for business case development.
Implementing responsibility for all training and training systems in Deliver Canada
• Canadian Project Management Office (PMO) portfolio of projects including Cost Improvement Initiatives, Acquisitions & Divestitures and System Deployments
• Handling Deliver Directors input to develop and communicate the capability and associated investment roadmap via the long-range financial planning process (LRFP)
• System performance across order to cash, EDI customer enabling transactions and online portals.
• Canadian Performance Management System using Analytics and Lean capabilities across the organization
• Representing Deliver Canada in the NA PMO and NA CIP governance forums
• Benchmarking activities externally and across regions to identify standard methodology applications by Deliver function in liaison with RDx. Partners with regions to develop globally aligned processes that address region specific needs. Links in to Enterprise Strategies and leads process capability development and deployment.
• Leading design & development of the Deliver Canada change management and training requirements. Consist of ownership of compliance, systems and technical training management. Development and delivery of training content and train the trainer processes. Leads curriculum development for all Deliver Canada employees
Bachelors’ degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Information Technology and/or related field. An MA/MS/MBA and a minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience in two or more order-to-cash functions (customer service, distribution, or transportation) is preferred.
Technical Proficiency requirements:
• Consistent track record in process design, re-engineering, and business architecture.
• Capable of achieving results in a highly-matrixed and global environment.
• Highly collaborative and influential.
• Ability to work regionally, across sectors, and supply chain functions.
• Detailed understanding of information technology capabilities (master data requirements, information flows, customer connectivity) in the Deliver space.
• Skilled communicator with a proven ability to synthesize large quantities of process and technical information and present cogent recommendations.
• Capable of using Data Analytics and Lean-Continuous flow concepts to identify and drive performance improvement initiatives.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)