Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr Manager Surgical Vision Insights
Requisition ID: 9815190716
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr Manager Surgical Vision Insights to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Sr Manager Surgical Vision Insights is responsible to drive insights across Surgical Vision (formerly Abbot Medical Optics or AMO), while translating insights into benefits to be pursued for new and existing products, equipment & services. He/she will ensure that new products and programs are patient-centric and positioned to drive high impact with patients & customers in our target markets and serve as objective steward of the business while representing the voice of the patient & customer.
- Develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans to identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and address key business issues to develop Growth Strategy for Cataract, Refractive & Equipment teams to guide strategic direction globally based on comprehensive understanding of customers, patients and market place dynamics.
- Drive Insights while working as internal consultant and thought leader across the Surgical Vision Organization with sound commercial recommendations to move the business forward. Proactively provide integrated analyses across primary research for key stakeholders including Global Strategic Marketing and R&D teams to develop Strategic Growth plans.
- Assess current knowledge estate across the Surgical Vision franchise to identify key knowledge gaps. Build a comprehensive learning plan to address the gaps & execute the learning plan to build a patient centric & insights led culture.
- Assess business issues by effectively integrating primary information with other sources: insights, macro trends, behavioral, attitudinal, healthcare trends, understanding all stakeholders - Doctors, Staff, Hospital systems, Payers, etc.
- Identify primary research needs, designs research to address key business questions/issues, and leads research projects though execution and analysis.
- Drive action by leveraging JJV’s Insights to Action framework to drive business outcomes inspired by deep insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field; MBA or MS is strongly preferred
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of progressive experience in insights, or a related field.
- Previous people management experience is required.
- Strong experience in Insights across Innovation & Communication in the health care industry - Medical Devices & Diagnostics/Surgical/Hospital systems is required.
- Proven track record of managing in a matrix environment requiring a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong experience in qualitative and quantitative research e.g., concept testing, advertising development, pricing, time & motion studies, deep patient/OR ethnographies is required.
- Ability to influence cross-functional/Sr Leaders to impact decision-making; willingness to “have an opinion” backed by insight and confidence to influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to create own agenda and deliverables given knowledge and understanding of the global vision care business/segments and SI+A’s strategic imperatives.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely.
- 25% Travel percentage (domestic/international)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)