Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 9804190716
Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Digital Surgery's R&D Test Engineering team, located in Cincinnati Ohio.
Our team of software and hardware engineers are breaking new ground in the testing and verification of new and emerging surgical robotics capabilities. Working as a software developer on the Team, apply your software coding, hardware interfaces, team engagement, and analytical skills in a supportive and enabling R&D environment. The output of your successful solutions will help facilitate the design and market introduction of the next generation of surgical robotic medical devices.
- Closely collaborate with multidisciplinary medical device teams to discover and define new challenges. Craft software, electromechanical, and data analysis solutions to a variety of technical problem sets
- Quickly Prototype, Design, Code, and Test elegant and effective software solutions
- Working in a multidisciplinary team, code hardware interfaces and integrations in the control, measurement, and monitoring of robotic instrument test fixtures
- Automate unit tests, integration tests, software deployments, and data processing workflows
- Work closely with instrument teams to process, analyze, and visualize large and complex data sets
- Apply collaborative methodologies to software development, such as coding standards, documentation, and reviews
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency (5+ years) in C++ is required
- Proficiency in Python (5+ years) is required
- Linux experience (2+ years) is strongly preferred
- Embedded Software experience (2+ years) is strongly preferred
- Software/Hardware integration and interface protocols experience (2+ years) is strongly preferred
- Automation in software unit tests and integration tests (2+ years) is strongly preferred
- Data analysis and visualization techniques desired
- Fluency in the English language required.
- This position is located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)