Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Expression
Requisition ID: 9802180815
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Expression to be in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, screening and protein science coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Protein Science department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of proteins to enable assay development, HTS, pharmacological profiling and structural biology (X-ray crystallography and NMR). The Protein Science Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams and with external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team. The Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Expression will:
- Participate in the design and implementation of protein expression strategies that provide active proteins for use in assays and structural biology
- Actively contribute in protein expression activities including expression optimization & screening from bench-scale to scale-up utilizing bacterial (E.coli), insect (BEVS), and mammalian expression systems
- Analyze, interpret, summarize and report experimental data
- Develop innovative approaches to protein expression including evaluation of new technologies
- Remain current with applicable internal/external scientific literature and apply new information to successfully complete work assignments.
- Exhibit great work ethic and maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia
- Exhibit strong team spirit: capable of working in a team-based environment spanning multiple disciplines and collaborating with scientists and associates in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Be independent and self-motivated, with a strong sense of urgency and ability
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate
- B.S./B.A with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in recombinant protein production is required
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in recombinant protein production is preferred
- Expertise in the recombinant expression of proteins in insect cell and/or mammalian cell lines is required
- Experience in the recombinant expression of proteins in E. coli bacteria and/or cell-free systems is preferred
- Expertise in protein expression analysis using techniques such as electrophoresis and Western Blot is required
- Experience with flow cytometry, FSEC, protein pull-downs is preferred
- Experience working with automated laboratory workflows and instrumentation is preferred
- Experience in the analysis of proteins using different chromatographic techniques such as affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, size exclusion is preferred
- Industry experience is preferred
- Expertise in protein construct design is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)