Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategy and Business Operations Lead, Health Tech Strategy
Requisition ID: 9801180424
Johnson & Johnson is the leading health and well-care company in the world, touching over a billion people per day. While our people, brand, scientific and manufacturing expertise, and extensive ecosystem relationships are second to none, our ambitious mission to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity will require bold, innovative applications of technology.
The Health Technology team is a new group based in San Francisco, CA (with presence at the company’s headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ), created to drive strategic adoption of technology across J&J. The team is comprised primarily of experienced operating leaders from successful technology companies (e.g. Google, Dropbox, LinkedIn), and partners with commercial and R&D leaders to identify opportunities to use technology to address health challenges at global scale. The team also develops the strategic and operational plans around those opportunities and executes the applicable product, program, partnership, investment and acquisition needs. Health Tech is comprised of 3 main sub-teams: Strategy & Business Operations, Partnerships & Corporate Development, and Product.
The Health Tech Strategy team is looking hire a Strategy and Business Operations Lead. You are responsible for owning program start-up and execution activities to help execute on J&J’s ambitious goal of substantially improving human health at global scale. While focusing on the user need, you should embody a “think big” attitude, be scrappy and can make progress in the face of obstacles. You are on the front line of engaging with strategy and product development initiatives helping bring innovative technology-based health and wellness solutions to market across J&J’s consumer, medical device and pharma businesses. Your knowledge of driving strategy, user-centric focus, nimble execution skills, collaborative facilitation and cross-functional team leadership will help shape solutions that touch billions of lives. In this role you will partner with our VP of Health Tech Strategy to drive insights and make recommendations to help J&J's Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI) successfully prevent and intercept lung cancer using technology. You will collaborate closely with the leaders of LCI to understand the landscape of the disease and develop user centric hypotheses to help prevent new cases or stop them earlier. In addition to developing strategy around deploying digital solutions, you'll play a first-hand role in helping figure out how to get these products to market and ensure they gain traction to make the overall initiative successful. You’ll also collaborate on product strategy and play a first-hand role in driving new technology to launch and adoption.
The role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Partner with VP of Health Tech Strategy to develop a strategic framework for technology advancement and adoption for the prevention and interception of lung cancer
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analyses, and develop final recommendations around strategic and operational technology initiatives
- Facilitate development of key components including vision, key milestones, competitive analysis and identification of business model enhancements leading to a sustainable competitive advantage
- Bring insights and analytics to respond to external marketplace trends across the broader technology landscape – new technology, pricing, segmentation and opportunities for revenue growth
- Drive operational excellence and flawless execution across the business, hitting or surpassing metrics
- Partner with other members of the Health Tech team (Partnerships and Product), and teams across the J&J enterprise to develop and launch an impactful solution
- Persuasively communicate actionable strategy recommendations to relevant business units and executive management across the broader organization
- Be an agent for change and move teams to action; develop plan and implement strategic recommendations and initiatives to drive technology adoption and use
- 7-10 years in management consulting, strategic planning or investment banking
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree is required
- Prior operating experience in a digital or technology company is preferred
- Understanding of machine learning technologies is preferred
- Ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects to rapid completion
- Ability to break down problems and structure comprehensive solutions
- Quantitative modeling and data manipulation skills
- Expertise with Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills with ability to present to and influence executives
- Positive attitude, comfort with ambiguity, and a bias for action
United States-California-San Francisco
Johnson & Johnson (6067)