Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Data Sciences
Requisition ID: 9799190319
Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Director,
Data Sciences. This position can be located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA or
Titusville, NJ. Weekly travel to the NJ/PA sites will be required.
Additional travel up to 15% may be required.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Data Sciences group within Pharma Americas Commercial Technology department of Janssen is looking for an outstanding Senior Director who is interested in leading, shaping, and delivering advanced analytics/Machine Learning/Deep Learning/AI solutions that have direct impact to Patients and Janssen. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing DL/ML/AI solutions, leadership and creativity to invent, innovative thinking and commitment to materialize the thinking, customize and work in a multidisciplinary environment to drive business solutions.
As a Senior Director, he/she shall stay on the cutting edge of Artificial Intelligence and big data technologies by leading, implementing and creating novel solutions to influence decisions at various levels in the organization. A Senior Director is also expected to be as a center of commercial technological innovations so that the rest of IT departments gets benefited to advance their technological capability. In addition, partner with business partners, the Senior Director, Data Science will shape the data strategy as well as Technology Strategy
The Senior Director, Data Sciences will be leading a dynamic, accomplished data sciences team that support one or more areas such as marketing, sales, strategic customer group, commercial excellence, scientific affairs, epidemiology, RWE and medical affairs. He/She will drive delivering innovative AI solutions & Data Sciences platform for Commercial and Real World Evidence and is accountable for applying and leveraging technology-driven analytics (e.g., NLP, artificial intelligence/machine learning, semantics) in advancing Commercial/RWE projects at Janssen including but limited to patient/physician segmentation, market access, patient/HCP engagement, sales force efficiency.
The Senior Director shall serve as a scientific leader in the field of Commercial/RWE research and analytics, with specific expertise in one or more areas: commercial insights, medical informatics, health informatics, clinical diagnostics and bioinformatics. He/she will lead a group of data scientists, data engineers, analysts who will design and develop AI/analytics-based solutions/products that utilize a variety of healthcare data sources, with responsibility and accountability to drive business impacts; He/she will engage with business/IT stakeholders, drive Data Sciences strategy for Janssen commercial organization. He/she will work closely with colleagues to keep up-to-date with the latest approaches and advances in data science and evaluate external data assets as required; Provides leadership in advanced analytics, algorithm development, data visualization, data engineering and is responsible for end-to-end solutions in supporting commercial and Real World Evidence activities; He/she will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of industry experience or PhD or MD and 10 years of related industry experience.
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Statistics, Computational Biology or related field is required.
- Proven leadership for managing a team of data scientists/data engineers is required.
- Industry experience in driving projects under tight timelines is required.
- Passion toward healthcare and strong understanding of technological landscape in big data is preferred.
- Experience in the field of predictive analytics, bioinformatics and statistics with broad knowledge of existing artificial intelligence and data mining algorithms, statistical modeling is required.
- Experience with healthcare commercial data, insurance claims data/real world data is preferred.
- Experience with non-health care data is preferred.
- Prior demonstrated experience in a role that has created a tangible business impact through Analytics, Data Sciences and Data Management is required.
- Experience in Big Data and AI/predictive technologies, data mining or text mining across lifespan of the AI solutions are required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required.
- Proficient with one or more analytics/programming language such as Python, R, SQL, SAS, Perl, etc. is preferred.
- Excellent aptitude for application of mathematics and quantitative methods to business problems is preferred.
- This position can be located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA or Titusville, NJ. Weekly travel to the NJ/PA sites will be required. Additional travel up to 15% may be required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)