Johnson & Johnson Careers
Social Community and Engagement Leader, Beauty (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 9787180815
Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies, is recruiting for three Community & Engagement Leaders (CEL): Beauty. The positions are located in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, and Self Care (Over-the-Counter) products.
The CEL acts as the consumer voice advocate, serving as the expert in consumer experiences, influencing decisions on channels and content strategy for NEUTROGENA® and other brands within J&J’s Beauty portfolio. By embodying the brand persona, he/she manages the brand community online and partners with the Consumer Care Center (CCC) to bring a holistic perspective on the consumers experiences in all channels (digital or traditional). The CEL will bring insights to the brand team by identifying opportunities to strengthen brand equity, educate consumers, create competitive advantage and reduce friction through holistic best-in-class experiences to all consumers.
Manages consumer interactions with the brand within owned, earned and paid channels inclusive of social media, brand and retailer websites, influencer marketing and partnerships, and PR, and helps keep the brand ahead of the industry with trends, consumer terminology, identifying up and coming influencers ensuring all owned assets are up-to-date and compliant. Oversees all consumer questions, comments, and complaints on the brand’s owned digital assets and participates in selective social media conversations, interacting directly with consumers daily. Responds, and/or coordinates with CCC, across all social media channels to any consumer and/or influencer who has posted about the brand. Recommends potential identified influencers to Influencer Marketing partner. Triages and escalates high-risk communications and works with Brand, PR and copy review teams to develop appropriate responses. Posts social media content developed by brand and/or agencies partners ensuring proper communication to CCC and key stakeholders and that all posts are up-to-date and compliant. Identify new channels and opportunities to connect and engage with the brand’s consumer, build understanding of consumer insight, attitudes and relationships with the brand. Recommends appropriate protocols and engagement strategies for those opportunities. Keep finger on the pulse of social trends, new platform features and best practices, and provide channel and community insights with actionable next steps on an ongoing basis. Remains immersed in all emerging technologies/media and competitive landscape to determine the latest trends and what is relevant for the business. Leverages BrandWatch & SalesForce Social Listening Tools to determine real time trends and engage in topics and top brand loyalists in the space. Develops interaction report on brand ecosystem & provide insights to Beauty Squad on content performance, product innovation, ratings & reviews and recommended communication optimizations. Recommends best practices on response-time and consumer interaction satisfaction metrics for brand(s). Works with CCC and Global Strategic Insights & Analytics (GSI&A) to develop regular holistic analytics on promotional activities effectiveness and brand’s communications impact in all channels (including phone, email). Supports key brand connections to consumers via CRM enrollment and ratings & reviews generation where appropriate.
Passionate for consumers: champions consumer voice at Beauty Squad’s strategy and planning meetings. Serves as the “compass” for the Beauty Squad, sharing his/her solid POV on the current consumer preferences, need gaps and best practices in providing consumers with best-in-class experiences. Partners with GSI&A, agencies and CCC to consolidate brand’s consumer voice in the digital space, providing listening reports to the Squad on Beauty Category trends, need gaps and brands “to watch”. Makes recommendations on channel and content effectiveness, content gaps, emerging content / channels’ needs, services and experiences to address consumer needs, defining opportunities to build brand awareness and drive conversion. Looks for opportunities to reduce friction within consumer experiences, including “Where to Buy”, coupons/offers/samples, usage/dosage and instructions, and on-label occasions for use. Helps build the content library and manages the collection and approval of user-generated content for the brand ensuring all communications and assets are up to date and compliant
Passionate and informed about the Beauty category and its consumers. Both curious and knowledgeable about the trends, competitors, technology and the science behind the brands’ products. Embodies the brand persona. Understands what the brand essence is, how the brand should talk to consumers and reacts to positive and negative feedback. Helps develop brand editorial guidelines. Expresses continuous curiosity about the brand current and future states. Influences shaping brand personality, either identifying or supporting agencies in identifying the influencers who best represent the brand. Understands and provides recommendation on how to activate against communication strategy. Passionate about bringing the same level of brand love to the specialists at the CCC NA. Proactively look for opportunities to expand brand passion and improve consumers experiences with the brand
Serves as the single Point-of-Contact (POC) between the CCC and the Beauty Squad. Complies with all CCC required trainings, essential for the understanding of Product Quality Complaints (PQCs) and Adverse Events (AEs) management, promoting education of requirements at the Squad. Partners with the CCC Leader to ensure the brand persona is embodied by all CCC Specialists, independent of the channel they are responsible for. Ensures all specialists have access to up-to-date brand information, including product portfolio and current communications / content and are trained. Responsible for getting the fully approved required technical product information uploaded to the CCC systems (for new, modified and delisted products) and partners with CCC for the development of associated training materials. Ensures Q&C requirements on standard operating procedures (SOPs) are in place when CCC team faces crisis / issues management situations. Ensures proper communication to key stakeholders, including daily reporting on consumers reactions, is delivered. Partners with PR to ensure formal statements are released to CCC Specialists. Partners with CCC Operations team when disruptive innovation or new technology platforms are launched.
- A social media native and exceptional communicator with the ability to build effective relationships. Results-driven and stays a step ahead of social media trends
- Skilled at analyzing data, has a proven eye for innovative content and can work seamlessly with multiple functions across several brands. Has a high level of influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent written and verbal capabilities. Is effective in presenting recommendations with confidence and authority
- A great partner, embraces the CCC as a unique provider of holistic, meaningful, effortless consumer experiences. Respects and complies with the Q&C requirements as the foundation of excellent CCC Operations and is curious about its capabilities and technologies which allow this organization to continue to provide consumers with best-in-class experiences that are ahead of the competition
- Works in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment, adapting to continually changing priorities and ambitious project timeframes. Brings a positive can-do attitude, is a team player and is eager to show his/her entrepreneurial spirit by treating his/her brand(s) as his/her own.
- Personal interest and passion for the Beauty industry will be highly regarded
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive working experience is required
- Experience in the beauty industry is preferred
- Solid analytic skills are required. Ability to use both data and intuition to drive and influence decisions is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills are required, including proven record in creating reports to help decision-making processes, providing insights into category trends, summarizing compelling consumer voice needs and providing recommendations to management
- Experience with social moderation tools like Salesforce, Social Studio, Curalate etc.,is preferred
- Growing online communities and developing social media campaigns with a proven track record of results is strongly preferred
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of influencer marketing trends is preferred
- Experienced copywriter and copy editor with the proven ability to be concise, yet impactful in brand voice will be highly regarded but not required
- Crisis management experience with the ability to thrive in a nimble, innovative, results-driven environment is preferred
- Understanding of highly regulated environment (e.g. healthcare) is preferred
- Up to 10% domestic travel is required (every other month spending a week at CCC in Wisconsin)
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
United States-California-Los Angeles
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)