Johnson & Johnson Careers
Visual Designer/Strategist – Global Content Lab
New York, New York
Requisition ID: 9748180424
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for Visual Designer/Strategist to work in the Global Content Lab. This position can be based in New York, NY.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Visual Designer will support a new and growing editorial department within the Johnson & Johnson Global Communications and Public Affairs department, with a goal of external multimedia storytelling to protect and enhance Johnson & Johnson’s reputation as the world’s leading broad-based healthcare company.
Responsibilities/Principal Duties (Essential Functions)
• Oversee visual strategy and research art needs for all stories that appear on jnj.com, leveraging both stock photo agencies and in-house proprietary photo resources, as well as liaising with external and internal stakeholders for sourcing imagery.
• Upload art to the CMS and prepare stories for publication, including the optimization of images and other art assets.
• Ideate and design original infographics and other illustrated art for Content Lab stories.
• Partner with and assist Video Content Strategist as needed.
• Work with Global Content Lab Editor-in-Chief to manage and assign projects to our contract illustrator.
• Routinely work to vet fresh talent for Content Lab needs, such as sourcing designers for infographic projects.
• Other duties as required by Global Content Lab Editor-in-Chief.
Social Media support:
• Contribute to executing the social media creative strategy, leveraging stock imagery, creative agencies and in-house proprietary resources, as well as liaising with internal and external stakeholders to source imagery.
• Partner with audience engagement team to ideate and create art supporting social media content and high profile campaigns; could include gifs and other trending art assets.
• Ensure social media visuals share consistency in branding, color palette and theme to help reflect the J&J brand personality.
• Create social media image templates for posts to help support daily channel publishing needs (i.e., weekly tips, quote cards, etc.).
• Collaborate with Video Content Strategist, as needed, to create video for social media channels.
• Dynamic, highly-organized multitasker to support a new and growing editorial department
• A Bachelor’s of Arts with a major in Design is required.
• A minimum of six (6) years of professional design-related experience is required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience with either editorial design, social media design or digital design.
• Some digital experience at either a consumer website or other corporate site is required.
• Demonstrated experience guiding business partners through the design process, with a well-formed understanding of design strategy methods and practices is required. Experience managing free-lance designers is highly preferred
• Experience creating animated GIF’s for Social Channels (such as Instagram) is required
• Ability to think conceptually across multiple platforms, including digital and social media is required.
• Story-telling experience; The ability to translate designs into a narrative is required.
• Strong visual, written and oral communication skills; ability to liaise with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders is required.
• Knowledge and fluency in current design and office software, including cross platform (MAC and PC) application, document management and CMS systems is required.
• Intermediate to Advance skills in Adobe Creative Suite to include: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is required
• Excellent attention to detail and time management skills are required
• A go-getter who really wants to grow into this role and help guide the department over time is required.
• This position will be based in New York, NY and may require some travel to New Brunswick.
• WHEN APPLYING: A Portfolio link MUST be included on your resume. Please ensure portfolio includes samples of social media creative design examples.
United States-New York-New York
Johnson & Johnson (6067)