Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Tax Compliance Specialist
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 9740180116
Janssen Ortho LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Tax Compliance Specialist.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Tax Compliance Specialist, you will:
• Prepare and submit sales and use tax, personal property tax, volume of business tax declarations, corporation annual report, and exempt corporation annual report for all Johnson & Johnson (J&J) affiliates operating in Puerto Rico (PR).
• Support income tax return preparation process, government, external and internal audits.
• Renew all bonds, identification numbers and licenses to assure operations continuity. Renew sales tax exemption certificate and merchant’s registry certificate for all J&J affiliates doing business in PR.
• Ensure compliance with J&J Worldwide procedures, SOX, government statutory and legal requirements as it pertains to the areas of responsibilities.
• Drive and lead process improvement initiatives, as required.
• Responsible for the completion and electronic filing of monthly state and municipal sales tax returns, and tax on imports returns for all J&J affiliates doing business in PR. Prepare breakdown of monthly use tax charges to affiliates as applicable.
• Obtain PR Treasury Department’s certificate of debt and filing periodically as required by business needs. Manage clearing process of any alleged tax liability reflected on the same.
• Prepare and submit the Corporation Annual Report and Volume of Business Tax Declaration for all J&J affiliates doing business in PR.
• Prepare PR Personal Property Tax returns, as well as obtain fixed assets and inventory data from the operating companies and Manila’s Global Finance Service (GFS) center.
• Complete tax related statutory supplementary schedules, support internal and external audits, among other tasks.
• A bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
• CPA Certification is preferred.
• At least three (3) years of experience in corporate taxes is required.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or consumer products industries is preferred.
• Strong financial analysis skills and sound accounting background are required.
• Experience in public accounting is preferred.
• Proficiency in computer software and applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge and experience with CEG Soft Corporate Tax or similar software is preferred.
• Excellent conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to think creatively and work in a team environment. Ability to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
• Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
• This position requires up to five percent (5%) of travel. Ability to work extended hours and provide on call support after working hours as per the business needs, especially during tax season, is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo
Janssen Ortho LLC (2162)