Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Global Head Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Developability
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9737180815
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The position will be accountable as of Lead Optimization for the developability profiling of candidate New Molecular Entities (NME). In partnership with Discovery an optimal design and selection of NMEs will be ensured, to rapidly identify the best compounds for progression into development in line with the Therapeutic Area (TA) and Disease Area Stronghold strategy. Furthermore, this leader will assure formulation development strategies up to First in Human (FIH) clinical studies, also taking into consideration later formulation trajectories and optimal product development in later stages. The Global Head will lead regional developability teams located in US East Coast, US West Coast, Europe and Asia.
The Global Head will provide strategic and scientific guidance to his/her team, to the Discovery and the Development teams and organization, as well as proactively connect to and interact with key stakeholders within Discovery, Nonclinical Safety and Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD) and other relevant functions across Janssen R&D (e.g. Therapeutic Area teams and Clinical Pharmacology).
He/she will be the Single Point of Contact towards Discovery Sciences management and participate in relevant Discovery-TA governance bodies and decision making, to assure the optimal transition of compounds from the discovery portfolio (internally and externally) to NME selection into development.
The developability teams, building on deep scientific expertise and E2E business understanding, will next to the early development teams also reside on the discovery teams to enable the above. The global head will ensure rapid access to know-how, enabling technologies and lab capabilities in the various Centers of Excellence in Discovery and Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development across the various internal/external sites.
- A PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or relevant Scientific field with at least 12 years of relevant experience, or proven equivalent experience OR a MS degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or relevant Scientific field with at least 16 years of relevant experience, or proven equivalent experience is required
- A strong understanding of Late Discovery and Pharmaceutical Development such as ADME, Preclinical Safety evaluation and Drug Development is required
- Demonstrated experience in developability or drugability assessments (e.g. molecular design and interpretation of pharmaceutical properties in relation to exposure and toxicology data, formulation strategies and optimal dosage forms) is required
- Good understanding of global regulatory requirements and ability to respond to questions from Regulatory Agencies is preferred
- Management experience in managing teams and developing scientific talent is required
- Experience with late commercialization is preferred
- Up to 20% Domestic and International travel is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)