Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Software Project Manager
Requisition ID: 9728181210
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Software Project Manager, Sports Medicine to be in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of software and electrical engineers through: Detailed design, implementation, verification (unit testing, integration testing, system testing), code reviews and risk management of Class I-II medical devices, specifically electro-mechanical systems.
- With technical leads, develop and manage the software development process and necessary software development tools.
- Set clear expectations for the project team, establishing clear roles and responsibilities to manage deliverables in order to meet business commitments.
- Be expected to inspire passion for team development, be able to develop a strong network across functions and challenge people and project teams to successfully achieve goals.
- Work with partners to develop project plans and project risk analyses for all assigned projects.
- Be responsible for communication of project status to all project stakeholders. Communication includes: project meeting minutes, post-market introduction reports, monthly updates and any status or project information needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or other related degree required.
- Master’s Degree (business or related field) preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Product development experience is required.
- Working knowledge of software engineering management, both tools and process (project tracking/scheduling; document management; hardware interactions, SW unit/verification testing; issue/bug tracking; configuration management; integration/release testing; etc.) is required.
- Experience leading project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques is highly preferred.
- Agile and Waterfall experience is preferred.
- Experience working with C++ is required.
- Experience with common software development tools/platforms/languages (JIRA, GIT, QNX) is highly preferred.
- Experience with requirements management and application/product lifecycle management tools and infrastructure required.
- Experience with Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and IEC 62304 is preferred.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Experience with embedded software systems preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project preferred.
- Strong leadership and team work/collaborative qualities required.
- The ability to work within a cadaver lab and operating room setting is required.
- This position is in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel including international.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)