Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Product Manager, Health Tech
Requisition ID: 9719180424
Johnson & Johnson is the leading health and well-care company in the world, touching over a billion people per day. While our people, brand, scientific and manufacturing expertise, and extensive ecosystem relationships are second to none, our ambitious mission to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity will require bold, innovative applications of technology.
The Health Technology team is a new group based in San Francisco, CA (with presence at the company’s headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ), created to drive strategic adoption of technology across J&J. The team is comprised primarily of experienced operating leaders from successful technology companies (e.g. Google, Dropbox, LinkedIn), and partners with commercial and R&D leaders to identify opportunities to use technology to address health challenges at global scale. The team also develops the strategic and operational plans around those opportunities and executes the applicable product, program, partnership, investment and acquisition needs. Health Tech is comprised of 3 main sub-teams: Strategy & Business Operations, Partnerships & Corporate Development, and Product.
The Senior Product Manager role is central to the Health Tech team's effort to bring technological innovation excellence to every part of J&J. With your product management background, you will passionately advocate for users, scope and define new products, and lead the execution of offerings to support and grow J&J's businesses; specifically working with J&J's Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI) to successfully prevent and intercept lung cancer using technology. You will collaborate closely with the leaders of LCI to understand the landscape of the disease and develop user centric hypotheses to help prevent new cases or stop them earlier. An experienced product manager who has mastered influence without authority, is an effective and efficient communicator, and can network their way to answers to remove potential roadblocks will excel in the role. In addition, your ability to consistently define and measure success to inform decision making will be invaluable. You will work closely with J&J’s Product, Engineering, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Regulatory, Commercial, R&D, and Legal teams on new initiatives. Your cross-functional team leadership and knowledge of Agile development will also be put to great use as you guide the creation of solutions to impact billions of lives.
The role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Partner with the Head of Health Tech products to drive the development of technologies and products that will significantly impact J&J's ability to fulfill its mission
- Be an expert on and vigorously advocate for users in all product engagements
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience to identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that will grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth
- Manage the product lifecycle, defining, documenting, prioritizing and communicating product and customer requirements
- Lead feature prioritization in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Lead sprint planning in partnership with engineering team
- Measure success by defining product metrics and analyzing results
- Synthesize metrics with qualitative customer feedback in order to improve the product and prioritize the product backlog
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record
- A MBA or other Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Track record of bringing successful technology products to market and scaling them
- Passion for healthcare and technology
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and agile development methodology
- Extensive experience partnering with engineering teams
- Superb communication, presentation and organization skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both developers and senior business leaders
- Significant experience with metrics-driven decision making with concrete examples of definitive outcomes resulting from defining and measuring success.
- Bias toward action & strong will to get things done balanced by a style that effectively influences and gains buy-in
- Comfort with leading multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Healthcare, life science, or technology product management experience
- Both hardware & software product management experience
- Understanding of machine learning technologies also preferred
United States-California-San Francisco
Johnson & Johnson (6067)