Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior PE Engineer (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 9718180115
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., specializes in disposable contact lenses, which it markets under ACUVUE® Brand contact lenses. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Staff Process Excellence Engineer is responsible for implementing key business improvement initiatives for manufacturing lines within a larger site or for a small site (scope covers 200 associates or less). He/She defines opportunities, analyzes data, designs manufacturing line flows, and improves business processes. Improvement initiatives are led by enlisting and influencing cross-functional teams that deliver tangible business results through the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools. Utilizing business, leadership and technical skills, the Staff Process Excellence Engineer will both execute projects and mentor all groups (associate to management) at the site, developing a continuous improvement culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing a strategy and executing a plan to deliver process performance improvements related to Quality, Delivery, and Cost of a manufacturing line or business unit within a plant.
- Leverages process knowledge in order to manage project portfolio activities that include identification, prioritization, resource allocation, performance measurement, and change management plans.
- Responsible for driving associates’ engagement and for developing Lean and Six Sigma capabilities through coaching and mentoring at various levels (associate to professionals) within the site.
- Sustains business improvement results through the application of Lean, Six Sigma, ME2, JJPS (Johnson & Johnson Production System) and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Facilitates PEx trainings, certifications, business case definitions, and results presentations; as required.
- Follows and observes all regulatory requirements (GMP’s, ISO, FDA, internal policies) applicable to area of responsibility.
- Complies with J&J safety requirements and safe working conditions and practices in the department.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- Master’s degree in engineering, statistics or business is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years overall business experience is required.
- Experience in manufacturing is preferred.
- Green Belt, Black Belt, and/or Lean certification is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to document successful prior leadership experience, training delivery, metric tracking, and deployment of lean principles.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams is required.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
- Proficiency with Minitab is preferred.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Understanding of accounting and finance terms, trend analysis, and business case analysis is preferred. Familiarity with FDA, GMP and ISO requirements is preferred.
- Up to 10% travel required.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)