Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Human Factors Engineer (HFE) ~ Raynham, MA
Requisition ID: 9705180424
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking a multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, user-centered Senior Human Factors Engineer (HFE) who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences. This position will reside in Raynham, MA.
JJMDC is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, Cerenonus, DePuySynthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and J&J Vision.
Our team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, creates usability specifications and requirements, and iteratively tests with stakeholders throughout a robust formative and summative usability process. The position will interact closely with the product development team to design and evaluate user interfaces (hardware and software) for medical products including devices, support systems and associated training /instructional elements. We are a diverse, collaborative, and global team, striving to create products and solutions that improve patient outcomes by delivering remarkable user experiences. The successful candidate will continue to elevate world-class human factors approaches throughout the organization while providing timely usability insight to the product development teams.
- A minimum of a BS/BA Degree in HFE, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or equivalent is required and a minimum of five (5) years of human factors/usability engineering experience/ use case validation testing or equivalent relevant experience in product development and customer interactions is required. Post-Graduate Degrees (MS, PhD) are a plus and will be considered as part of the applicant’s professional experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in the planning and execution of all aspects of the HFE process including ethnographic research, formative and summative studies, documentation for design control and risk management is required.
- Knowledge of user interface design and general knowledge about human perception, cognition and a basic knowledge of anthropometrics, biomechanics and physiology is required.
- Familiarity with FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other relevant usability regulations and standards is highly preferred.
- Clinical experience and/or professional experience/degrees in software development and/or GUI development is a strong plus.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)