Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Digital Product Development
Requisition ID: 9700190716
C-SATS, now part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute, is recruiting for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer in Seattle, WA.
C-SATS is a first-of-its-kind online performance improvement system for surgeons. Started by a team of doctors, engineers, and biostatisticians as a research project at the University of Washington, we provide objective, quantitative feedback on surgeons' intra-operative skill. Once our hardware gathers surgical video from operating rooms around the country, our software platform provides detailed performance evaluation using expert reviewers, non-technical crowds, and machine learning.
By joining the C-SATS computer vision team, you will become part of a tight-knit, startup-minded team committed to improving medical outcomes and bringing state-of-the-art technology to healthcare.
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and you will have a direct impact on improving patient outcomes and helping save lives. We measure technical skills in healthcare practitioners -- skills that directly impact patients. Medical practitioners who score poorly on skill ratings generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Your work will have both impact and scale: Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on us to ensure the quality of practitioners and the safety of patients.
- Use state-of-the-art computer vision and deep learning techniques to identify key tissues, anatomy, surgical activities, or other insights from videos of live surgery
- Design, build, and deploy machine learning models that draw on video, text, audio and other medical data sources to offer personalized insights for health care and surgery
- Ensure that our machine learning works at scale and, when needed, in real time
- Collaborate with surgeons to understand the visual signals in surgery that are important to predict or detect
- Minimum of master’s degree in ECE, computer vision, computer science, or a related field (PhD preferred)
Experience and Skills:
- You're knowledgeable and proficient with both deep learning and classical computer vision
- You have >5 years of industry experience building computer vision models for images and video
- You have worked with technologies such as object tracking, pose estimation, activity detection, and semantic segmentation
- You’re proficient in Python 3, OpenCV, and at least one major deep learning framework
- You understand deep learning architecture and design, and you’ve deployed deep learning models to production
- You’re strongly motivated to do state of the art work that has a concrete, positive impact on the world
- You want to join a small, scrappy, startup-style team and work full-time onsite in Seattle, WA
- Experience deploying real-time deep learning models
- Comfortable working with AWS, Docker, and Linux
- Track record of publications and / or patents in the computer vision domain
- Excellent written and spoken English
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Digital Product Development